Fiber?

Options
Scar1964
Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
I started Paleo a couple of months ago and have been primarily eating just meats and veggies and drinking 90+ oz. water. I am no nutrionalist nor am I very knowledgeable w/ Palo, so what about fiber? I have not had any issues, just someone asked me about it.

Replies

• lmccarthy2011
    lmccarthy2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised how much fiber is in fruits & veggies, MFP can track that for you to make sure you're gettting enough. If you want more in your diet you can add flax seed or chia seeds to pretty much anything (soup, stews, veggies, etc).
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Lots of fibre in veggies.

However, in my opinion, the health benefits of fibre have been greatly exaggerated. It was announced publicly as a prevention for cancer when the studies that lead to that announcement did not show that conclusively at all. There were other factors that were ignored. The paradoxes also make one question the necessity of large amounts of fibre; such as the Inuit, who are by no means the only people who had low fibre intake.

I don't care about my fibre at all. The only thing it helps me with is subtracting it to get my net carbs.

Since going primal and ketogenic I have had nothing but positive effects including in regards to digestion. In fact, I've reduced my vegetables, and increased fat, over the last two months and I'm feeling even better. If my body doesn't like my low fibre intake, I can now trust that it would let me know because I'm definitely paying attention.