Weekly Male Stop 3/8 - 3/15

Options
daleweideman
daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
Kevin usually starts these but I'll do it this week.

I had a crazy week at work - super busy - and fell off recording my calories and getting my exercise in.

Still - down over a pound this week! When I got so busy and stressed I missed a lot of meals.

And - I got below 260, my first "ends in a zero" mark. Just six more to go this year!

I'll get back on track today / this week and good luck to all for another good week.

Dale

SW - 266
CW - 259
GW - 199

Replies

• ego9
    ego9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just joined this group.
    I've been on MFP for a few months but am just now trying to leverage the social component (encouragement, motivation of friends, others with similar goals).

Here goes:
    I am 41 years old, trying to get in my best shape ever for this summer. No real reason this summer, I have just been ho-humming fitness/health for a couple of years and really want to take the next step.

I work at a desk all day. I have a wife and four kids, none of whom are as concerned with nutrition and exercise as I am (not that they are in bad shape or have bad happens, but they see me as borderline OCD.)
    I exercise with weights 3-4 days per week.
    I have now started cardio, but HATE it.
    I am 5'10", 184, and would like to get to 10% body fat, whatever that translates to in pounds. Currently I am somewhere around 18%.
    I am trying to improve my health indicators: most notably cholesterol levels. I have a family history of high cholesterol and my doctor wants me to start taking a statin. I asked him to give me three months to bump up the nutrition and exercise endeavors before I do, and he said ok.

Pleased to meet you all, I look forward to helping you (and getting help from you)!
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Kevin usually starts these but I'll do it this week.

Well, first, I'm only starting them because y'all are too slow. :laugh: But second, I actually did start one last week, but fat-fingered the topic title and gave up.

I think it is time for a new week though, isn't it?
  • bdub52
    bdub52 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there. New to the group. What are the weekly male stop posts about?
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi there. New to the group. What are the weekly male stop posts about?

Hey bdub52. Many of the threads in this forum group are old, and likely have posts from guys that no longer even come to site. The fact is that the forums are much more populated with women, than men.

My thought was to have a "current" weekly thread that we (any of us guys of the "The Male Stop" group are invited) can come in, report progress, and maybe pass on some encouragement. Since most of us record our weight on Fridays, or at least I do, I try to start a new weekly thread each Friday morning. Pure selfishness on my part. :bigsmile:

I started a new one for this week, come on in!

-Kevin