My mindset is starting to change...I'm so excited

Options
karebear22776
karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
Small achievement but had to share....
The scale has not moved for a week now even though I've been eating healthy and exercising....yesterday I was so ready to cave out of frustration that nothing is happening anyways...you know the story.
But I kept reminding myself I didn't want to have a total sabotage of a day and be more upset so at the end of the night I had a small amount of chocolate and was great the whole day....
Today I woke up and the scale was .5 lb less!
I'm so happy I didn't sabotage yesterday...and now I am super motivated to keep going.

Replies

• doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    WTG!! That is so exciting...happy for you!! :)
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    Options
    Way to stay focused! Great job!
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I understand all to well. Good for you!
  • WestCoastMom
    WestCoastMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Every little victory makes a difference doesn't it? Good work.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great mindset! I think that, at moments of frustration, if we could just do what you did, we'd be better off! I try to remind myself that it isn't the scale, it is my brain, heart, cholesterol etc. and if I cave in to bad choices, I am going to take away a healthy "older" life!

Thanks for the post
  • Lauralei36
    Lauralei36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Small achievement but had to share....
    The scale has not moved for a week now even though I've been eating healthy and exercising....yesterday I was so ready to cave out of frustration that nothing is happening anyways...you know the story.
    But I kept reminding myself I didn't want to have a total sabotage of a day and be more upset so at the end of the night I had a small amount of chocolate and was great the whole day....
    Today I woke up and the scale was .5 lb less!
    I'm so happy I didn't sabotage yesterday...and now I am super motivated to keep going.

I was in the same place last week. The first 10lbs came off quite easily for me, the next ten to get me halfway to goal will be a fight.