Look diet soda...we are so OVER!

Options
I have always been a soda addict and once I started to get healthy I made the switch from regular soda to diet. I knew diet soda still was not healthy, but I figured it was better than the calorie/sugar ladened alternative. Although I do not discriminate when it comes to the brand, Diet Mountain Dew has always been my favorite. I have tried multiple times to ween myself off and kick the habit, but I can finally say I'M DONE. After reading this article I will never look at diet soda (and even some sports drinks) the same!

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/bvo.asp

Replies

• dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options
    wow didnt know that. No more Gatorade for me.
  • RMurrell2
    RMurrell2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow I decided to go soda free all of march. That will now be extended...And diet Dew was my drink of choice as well
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I believe the two documented cases where people had adverse reactions they were drinking like 4 two liters on a daily basis and have a sensitivity to bromine. To the person who mentioned gatorade, Pepsi Co recently announced they would be releasing a reformulated Gatorade without BVO in the near future (it might have already happenned). THis was in response to an online petititon that received like 200k sigs. THey said they had no plans to alter diet dews formula however.