Women-One thing that made it easier for me to run ...

Options
...was the purchase of a really perfect fitting sportsbra!

It makes such a difference.
Not only do I have a way better posture but I also don´t have to struggle with slipping straps, rubbing sides and bouncing breasts.

Anyone else made that experience? :glasses:

Replies

• anewsam
    anewsam Posts: 9
    Options
    Abso frikkin lutely!

I made the mistake the other day of forgetting my bra when going for a treadmill run. I really wanted to do the run so I opted to try and do it with a regular bra - bad mistake! I now have a very sore area on one of my breasts from all the bouncing around and chafing. Must have also looked hideous... although I'm sure some got a kick from it! ;)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm still breastfeeding, so I'm not going to spring for a great bra right now - but they do make all the difference in the world.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Where did you buy it, and did you get fitted for it?

I'm wearing two when I run (both are really well rated ones available at Title Nine, although I didn't buy them there). But they are now too big. I'm wondering if I get a new, smaller one, if I can use only one.
  • KathleenKP
    Options
    I'm still breastfeeding, so I'm not going to spring for a great bra right now - but they do make all the difference in the world.

But you are running a lot. You should get one if you can. You probably need it even more now than you will later. I've gotten some good ones from the Hanes outlet that are available on the Title Nine site, rated with lots of barbells. I usually spend $20-30 for them, although they are priced much higher in the T9 catalog. Do you have an outlet mall you can go to?
  • KathleenKP
    Options
    I just checked the Hanes site. The ones I use are $37, but when I get them in the store, they are BOGO 50% off, so they are about $56 for two. I use Champion bras.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Hey, thanks! I'll check them out. I tried on some in Sports Authority, but it seemed like they were made for women with breasts growing out of their clavicle.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Mine is of the brand Casall, I bought it in Sweden and it was 92 Dollar in your currency but nothing is cheap in Sweden. I went to 3 different sportshops and tried on ALL different brands and models they had, no kidding. Then I decided for the one with the perfect fit.

I have nursed 4 children, one set of twins. The least thing I need is more damage to my breasts.

I agree with Kathleen KP, vardaeml, you probably need it the most. But I understand, it is a lot of money.:ohwell:
  • KathleenKP
    Options
    The least thing I need is more damage to my breasts.
    :

Oh, yes! Breast feeding (three for me, 1.5 years each), weight loss, and now running. I need help!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I just assumed they were done for :laugh:
  • mamakira
    Options
    I just assumed they were done for :laugh:

They are. :wink: But we still want them to look good and to stay at place.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    Im a busty DDD gal and sports bras in my size cost $70+ and just smash em flat. I use bali satin tracings minimizers for activity. A brand new one is around $20 and provides great structural support. Better than any sports bra ive ever tried.
  • mamakira
    Options
    Casall ones don´t do that! But they are expensive.
    I was a DD, now I am only a C!:sad: :sad: :sad: Bad side effect of nursing and losing weight.:grumble: