Newbie here and new to admit BED.

Options
Lmccloy
Lmccloy Posts: 6 Member
I wanted to make a quick introduction. I'm a 31 year old mother of two. I've battled binging with and without purging on and off for 4 years. I've actually probably suffered from the binging part all my life but didn't see it as a problem until I became super conscious about my body. To be honest, I don't think that I knew that it was truly a problem until recently. And I definitely thought I was alone and just lacked self control I acknowledged it as a disorder in the last year but have only recently accepted that I am out of control and cannot kick this on my own. I've confessed to my husband (who is clueless as to how to help). I do it in private and otherwise am very restrictive in my diet and workout 6 days a week - so it goes unnoticed by friends and family. I just found this group, have just started reading online about it and have broken down and set up a counseling appointment for next week. I am relieved to start reading some of your stories a pray that having someone to talk to that understands will help me get through this. Thanks, in advance, for reading.

Replies

• kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too recently came to terms with BED, knowing that I don't just overeat, but more like shovel in food while no one is looking. This group is great and wonderfully supportive. They have all already helped me so much, so we can all help you too :)
  • Lmccloy
    Lmccloy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too recently came to terms with BED, knowing that I don't just overeat, but more like shovel in food while no one is looking. This group is great and wonderfully supportive. They have all already helped me so much, so we can all help you too :)

Thank you, thank you! I am desperate for help in resolving this and I already feel strengthened (and saddened) by the sheer number of women dealing with this.