~Extra Accountability!~ 10-16 March 2013 edition

Options
Figured I'd make a new thread for this week.

Here is my training plan for the week. Do the couplets of A1/A2 together until all sets are done. Rest 60 sec then do all B sets, then 60 sec rest, then all C sets

This week looks easy starting a new work out. I'll play with it and vary temp and weight.

Sunday Was supposed to be a rest day.........instead ate a box of girl scout cookies, soo......
30 min cardio and 90 min yoga = 1.5 boxes of delicious peanut butter patty cookies. I burned extra because next
Saturday may be an ugly food journal.

Monday 3 sets for everything KB Clean and Press :30 sec per arm No rest
Goblet Squat :30 sec one min rest
Row :30 sec No Rest
V-ups :30 sec One min rest
Push up :30 sec no rest
Plank : 30 sec One min Rest
Interval KB Swings :30 rest 1:30 X6 rounds then whatever cardio i want

Tues 90 minutes Hot Vinyasa Yoga

Wed 3 sets for everything Turkish Get Up 2 reps per arm No rest
Row :30 sec one min rest
Push Up :30 sec No Rest
Reverse Lunge :30 sec One min rest
Snatch :30 sec per arm no rest
Bicycle crunch :30 sec SLOW tempo One min Rest
Intervals: Swing 1:00, rest 1:00, Repeat for a total of 5 rounds then whatever cardio i want

Thurs 90 minutes Hot Yoga

Friday 3 sets for everything KB Clean and Press :30 sec per arm No rest
Goblet Squat :30 sec one min rest
Row :30 sec No Rest
V-ups :30 sec One min rest
Push up :30 sec no rest
Plank : 30 sec One min Rest
Interval KB Swings :30 rest 1:30 X6 rounds then whatever cardio i want

Saturday celebrating St Patricks Day......this could get ugly.....

Replies

• PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    LOL...WindmillTilte....so Saturday is going to be an "ugly" food journal day...LOL!! How about my sharing that mine was yesterday....yikes! I ate Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice Cream, Mrs. Smith Apple Pie, AND an Ice Cream Sandwich....ugggh. Oh well, we all have those kind of moments but as long as they are not often and we especially burn extra calories to account for the extra sweet goodies...all will be okay? I did notice that my lack of drinking water throughout that day may have been the culprit...I was probably more thirsty than hungry.

Your work out week looks very challenging, too.

I will kick off another workout week on tomorrow with the following.....Rotation Week 3 of 4:

Mon - Keep It Up (total body circuit training)
    Tue - Walking (outdoors or indoors)
    Wed - Jillian Michael 30 Day Shred Level 3 (total body circuit training)
    Thu - CLX Burn It Off (interval type cardio)
    Fri - CLX Extreme Intervals (total body circuit training)

Wish me luck getting through these and I plan on doing better with them than last week on some of the more challenging exercises.
  • WindmillTilter
    WindmillTilter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck and I hope you resist bad food better than I do!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    A new week, time to renew our commitment. :)

I'd say any workout week flanked by Girl Scout cookies and St. Patrick's day had better be a good one WindmillTilte! haha!! Looks like you have a good one on plan.

Pam, you're gonna be working hard this week. Those ice creams and pie are history anyway.

---

Well, I might have hit a snag. I am still in the middle of a 2 week plan that I made. Today, I kept to plan and did the Fitness Blender 84 minute HIIT cardio, strength, & abs ("1000 calorie workout"). The "snag" is that I LOVED it and am kinda wanting to do it again!! Crazy, right? Anyway, I'm going to look at my plan to see if I should replace anything. I have another 2 week plan, to round out March, "in my back pocket" right now and I'm so excited about all of the cool new workouts, that I don't know what I might "ditch", in order to do this one again. Believe me, this is NOT a problem I ever thought I'd have!! Anyway, gonna wait for my workout high to subside and look at my next 3 weeks and see how I feel about it.
  • WindmillTilter
    Options
    It is great to find a workout you look forward to!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Okay, so I looked at my plan for the rest of the month and found something I'd accidentally scheduled twice and with a little tweaking, I worked the 84min workout back into the plan a 2nd time! I'll keep the last weeks on file for later, but here's what I've got on the docket for the rest of the week.

Tuesday March 12
    Zumba Cardio Party 48min

Wednesday March 13
    Blogilates Pop Cardio Summer Sweatfest 13:52
    Blogilates Best Lower Ab Workout Ever 10:20
    Blogilates Saddlebag Shaver 17:29

Thursday March 14
    30DS Level 3 ~28min
    RI30 Workout 1 ~37min

Friday March 15
    FB 1000 Calorie Workout Video – Fitness Blender’s 84 Minute HIIT Cardio, Strength, & Abs 84min

Saturday March 16 and Sunday March 17
    Rest Day or Hill Run or My choice

With the option to trade Wed<-->Fri, depending on which day will have the best conditions for 84min straight time available (mostly depends on my little girl).

:happy:
  • WindmillTilter
    Options
    Looks fun and like a lot of variety!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Great looking plan for this week, Sherry! Are those DVDs or YouTube videos?
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Mostly Youtubes, except the Jillian Michaels.

Then, I think for the tentative plans I have til the end of March, I went with all Youtubes. Wanting to try as many different things as I can in March, since I might start another 30 day program soon.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Today's workout was a complete bust!
    (Well, half bust anyway. Ab workout was too advanced. Half the cardio vid was too advanced. I did the saddlebag workout but my balance wasn't very good and I had to stop midway to change a diaper. ho-hum.)

Cassie Ho looks like such a little cheerleader--but she puts together sadistic workouts! I only WISH I could do those moves. :sad: So, I think Blogilates is off the docket for awhile. :-(
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I looked at my plan for the rest of the month and found something I'd accidentally scheduled twice and with a little tweaking, I worked the 84min workout back into the plan a 2nd time! I'll keep the last weeks on file for later, but here's what I've got on the docket for the rest of the week.

Tuesday March 12
    Zumba Cardio Party 48min

Wednesday March 13
    Blogilates Pop Cardio Summer Sweatfest 13:52
    Blogilates Best Lower Ab Workout Ever 10:20
    Blogilates Saddlebag Shaver 17:29

Thursday March 14
    30DS Level 3 ~28min
    RI30 Workout 1 ~37min

Friday March 15
    FB 1000 Calorie Workout Video – Fitness Blender’s 84 Minute HIIT Cardio, Strength, & Abs 84min

Saturday March 16 and Sunday March 17
    Rest Day or Hill Run or My choice

With the option to trade Wed<-->Fri, depending on which day will have the best conditions for 84min straight time available (mostly depends on my little girl).

:happy:

Just used this to help me subscribe to some great youtube videos! Thanks! I needed something for my non running days!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Jessica, there's SO much on youtube! It's phenomenal! I'll go ahead and put a partial list, because they really are all amazing! I have THREE workout-related folders full of links!

Youtube channels:
    workouts--
    Fitness Blender (<3 them!)
    BeFit (don't miss their 90day program & their 30day ab & 30day buttlift programs)
    The Original Pop Pilates (I call Blogilates)
    Zuska Light channel (Zuzanna is also on old BodyRock.Tv or The Daily Hiit)
    Livestrong Woman
    BeFitin90

technical info/correct form/etc:
    Passion4Profession (correct form and technique)
    Scooby's Home Bodybuilding...
    START Fitness

some I haven't looked closely at, but saved to look at later:
    Hasfit.com
    Popsugar fitness
    Xhit
    RealFitTv
    Redrita12 (Exercise tv workouts)
    Insane Home Fat Loss

there are lots of others that "describe" workouts, without doing them all the way through, which I'm not too keen on. I prefer to have the full workout. There are also random ones you can find, like I have a random bollywood belly dance that I came across scheduled this month too (very excited!).

Happy hunting!
  • WindmillTilter
    Options
    MyomyTV - Extreme Home Fitness for kettlebell, body weight and suspension type workouts. She has a lot of kettle bell workouts and some great workouts to improve your glutes.
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Sherry, thanks for the info. Wished that I could use YouTube but we live in a very rural area with no DSL or CABLE internet service. Satellite Internet is the only availability and it is just too expensive for the speed offered....sooooo....I am using old Dial-up. I have an iPhone but don't want to use up my data streaming videos...LOL...only if we had WiFi...uugggh.

Anyone have workout DVD suggestions? I love LOVE strength training...that is my preference and circuit training is second (cardi, abs, strength).
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Pam, I had no idea! I wonder if you could go to a library or somewhere and download workouts. The Fitness Blender workouts are outstanding. If you ever have the chance to download/try one, I think you'd be hooked. I'm going with online workouts for now, in order to try lots of new things. Some of the online folks have also created DVDs. I'm pretty sure Zuska Light has, but her workouts are pretty extreme. And I think Cassie Ho has too, but as you can see from my failure, her workouts are pretty tough too. BUT I GUESS THEY ALL ARE THE FIRST TIME AROUND, RIGHT?

But if I had to pay every time, then I think Jillian Michael's is a sure thing. Beach Body seems to be very good, but so expensive that I'd be reluctant to pay so much without trying. At least with cheaper DVDs, you aren't out much money if it doesn't work for you. IDK, I'm relatively new to the whole thing. I have a yoga set I got at Target on my shelf, and a Pilates set I probably got at Target or Costco--nothing special. Maybe you can rent dvds?
  • WindmillTilter
    Options
    I'm not sure what advice to give you. I don't ever buy any DVDs or programs. I always use youtube or download off the internet. I imagine a lot would depend on the equipment you have available and what your local library has available to borrow. It is easy to get a great cardio work out with just a jump rope or a jump rope is uncomfortable for some women to use.....try doing doing leapord crawls or burpees instead. There are a lot of bodyweight only exercises you can do around the house also (i.e. push-ups, pull ups, dips, hip thrusts, squats, single leg squats, ect....)