Anyone Else Not Sore? :-\

Options
Don't get me wrong - Jillian says she wants us to feel like we're going to die, and believe me I do! WHILE I'm doing the workout. I'm on L2 Day 4 and it's killer. My quads are killing me during squat thrusts. My legs feel like they're about to give out on the pendulum lunges with hammer curls. I am literally soaking the floor underneath me during plank jacks and plank twists at the end. Sometimes I really do feel like my body is not going to let me finish this piddly (relatively speaking :wink: ) 20 minute workout. (And yes, I have experienced the heart gargling as well).

Usually when I am working this hard during a workout I will find it impossible to sit down or stand up the next day without wincing and yelling. I had to take a rest day 3 days into L1 because I was finding it hard just to walk on an even surface by that point. This was all because of sore muscles, no other injuries or anything like that. So why is it that this past week I have been working so hard that I feel like my muscles are about to fail, but the next day my body shows NO signs of the torture I put it through the day before? Anyone else experiencing this weird phenomena?

Replies

• Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way! During the workouts my muscles are burning and feel like they are going to split into two! I am slightly sore after for awhile too. But, come the next day I am feeling fine! I just chalk it up to toning up!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've rarely been sore and I thought it might be partly because of the rapid switching of types of exercise rather than long, sustained moves over and over. And I even tried out her basic yoga yesterday on top of day 5 of level 2 shred. I hadn't been doing much yoga for years and I found out I still don't have good balance on some moves! :sad:

Today I had a couple nice surprises...the scale showed a couple of pounds have dropped over the last week (after being the same for months) and the stomach flab seemed a little "toned". Never thought that would happen...so I guess the benefits are beginning to show. Hang in there everyone!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sore in Level 2 either, other than my usual knee pain. It is a hard workout for me though. The squat thrusts are killers for me!
  • btay1564
    btay1564 Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh good, I guess it's just a weird thing about L2. I'll take it! I definitely don't mind not being sore the next day, just found it to be really odd that I felt like I was working harder but not suffering as much. :smile:

So far I've lost a total of 5 inches from everywhere and 5 pounds total, so I guess it's working regardless. And dear god I hope there are no squat thrusts in L3...
  • debbieled32
    Options
    yeah did level 2 yesterday and i wanted to die.
    even the modified moves where killing me
    but this morning i feel great
    like i want to do it again today
    maybe go for a 2 mile job afterwards
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh good, I guess it's just a weird thing about L2. I'll take it! I definitely don't mind not being sore the next day, just found it to be really odd that I felt like I was working harder but not suffering as much. :smile:

So far I've lost a total of 5 inches from everywhere and 5 pounds total, so I guess it's working regardless. And dear god I hope there are no squat thrusts in L3...

Fabulous job!!!!!
  • btay1564
    btay1564 Posts: 23
    Options

Fabulous job!!!!!

Thank you!!! :happy:
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I was very sore around days 3-4 of level one. That passed, and I did L2 D2 today and I do ache a bit in some places (different places to L1 too) but not REALLY sore like I experienced back in L1 near the beginning. I guess it's a good thing else we'd struggle to get through it.
  • goldencoley
    goldencoley Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think the lack of "soreness" is a sign that you are getting stronger!! And that your body is changing and adapting to your new lifestyle :)
    I too have not been feeling that sore these days, but I sure feel strong so that is GREAT! However, after my day 3 on level 2 today I noticed a pain in my right side that hasn't gone away yet... Never felt this one before, it's like I strained something directly on top and to the rear of my right hip... Anyone have any suggestions???

Thankfully, I did my shred in the morning so I will try and do a good yoga session tonight to hopefully stretch it out... If anyone knows of any stretches good for this particular "sore spot", do tell please!

Thanks and good job everyone!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Wow, 5 inches, so impressive!!

I'm not getting sore either. I do feel that I've been working out but it's nothing really painful. It was similar during my first round with the Shred and also with Ripped in 30. I got great results nonetheless.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My abs are sore, but not as,any muscles as on level 1 :)
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My soreness is gone too. I thought I might have new soreness after starting L2, but so far so good! Yoga is helping too... We are getting stronger by the day! Yay us!! :)