It's getting harder

Options
sugboog29
sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
to get up in the morning to do the shred! I REALLY did not want to this morning, but forced myself to do so. Yes, I was glad that I did it....but WHY is it so hard to get up and get motivated?

Replies

• joeymalone142
    Options
    I don't know, but for me it's going to be the pain tomorrow. I had a legitimate excuse this morning to skip, but tomorrow I will not have one and I do not see myself doing it. I did day 1 of level 2 yesterday and I am hurting today. I can barely lift my right arm higher than parallel to the ground today I don't know how I will be able to basically lift my body through all those planks tomorrow or lift and weights. I am feeling discouraged for sure.

I am super motivated by the results people post online, maybe you can go and search for some of those photos. They are awesome and what got me wanting to do this video. I like it doing it and I feel good and am proud of myself, but when I am hurting like this it doesn't feel worth it and I am afraid of doing some real damage that leaves me hurting long term. I am all of the sudden super afraid of injury. :(
  • btay1564
    btay1564 Posts: 23
    Options
    It's hard for me to do it in the mornings too, and it's definitely a struggle to make myself get moving. I keep telling myself it's only 30 days. If I don't want to get up anymore after 30 days, I won't have to. But I HAVE to see it through for 30 days. Coincidentally, they say that's how long it takes to develop a habit, so ideally I will continue after the 30 days. Being a part of this group is definitely helping to keep my motivation up, even though I don't post a lot in the chat threads. Plus I can't wait to freaking get off Level 2 and onto Level 3, so that's pretty motivating in and of itself. The more days I sleep in, the longer I'm stretching out those 10 days at Level 2.

I've started setting the alarm on my phone and keeping it in another room, right next to my workout clothes. If i have to get out of bed to turn off the alarm, and if my workout clothes are right there, I'm more likely to avoid going back to bed.

Of course, there are days when you are legitimately exhausted, or physically unable to make it happen. I personally feel it is okay to rest and recover if it's truly a day that you need it.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to get out of bed on a cold morning and workout, BUT once you've made the effort you feel pretty smug, right? I know I do - anyone would think I'd ran a marathon not just done a 27 minute workout DVD!! :laugh:

Also, I'm kind of looking at it as a group thing now, there's so many great people on here doing this too and they are all so supportive, so I don't want to bail out on the rest of you!! :smile:
  • goldencoley
    goldencoley Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I've started setting the alarm on my phone and keeping it in another room, right next to my workout clothes. If i have to get out of bed to turn off the alarm, and if my workout clothes are right there, I'm more likely to avoid going back to bed.

SERIOUSLY GENIUS!!!!!!!!! I am going to try that one tomorrow morning :) Leaving my bed in the mornings is absolute torture to me... and if the snooze button is only an arm reach away, you can bet I will be smacking it without even realizing it!

We're almost half way there ladies, just gotta push it a little bit harder!!