Fibro and New to Group

Options
Hi I'm Danielle. I am 29 and new to myfitnesspal and this group. I was diagnosed with fibro 5 years ago, but I am positive that I have had it since my preteen years. My weight has yo-yoed over the last few years, and with other health problems on top of the fibro, I am just tired of being sick and tired. I am mustering up all my strength to start new, fresh, and loss this weight. Me and my new Hubby really want a baby, but my health is holding us back, and my weight is a big part of that. So, here we go. A new day, a new lifestyle, and not letting fibro rule and dictate everything aspect of my life.

Replies

• tanyab222
    tanyab222 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Kudos! And welcome! I'm fairly new to this as well but not new to Fibro. I've had it since I was a child. I am also sick and tired of being sick and tired. Definitely takes time and work to have such a lifestyle change! I hope to have a baby too soon (hopefully this year!). :)
  • luckylei
    luckylei Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ditto on being sick & tired!! I think I'm going into a flare, ugh. Feel free to add me, we can vent and rally together!
  • jacie87
    jacie87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely relatable. And I have to say, fitness & taking care of my health through proper eating & exercise has been part of the triad of keeping my fibro symptoms at bay along with working on sleep and attending CBT counseling.

Feel free to add me! I have the occasional fibro rant (like today! haha...) and like to be an encouraging voice when I can. :)
  • Cinnabon64
    Options
    Good for you for wanting to make changes! Do it now while you are still young and don't wait till you get to be my age with the 50's sneaking up on me! When I think of all the good things I missed out on because I wasn't eating healthy at all. I started making major changes in my life 8 wks ago, cutting out pop and junk and bad carbs and eating veggies and good food. Also, cooking at home makes it so much easier to eat better. When you are so tired and have brain fog, and can't get a restorative sleep grocery shopping is a daunting experience! A friend of mine is going to Curves and she is using their meal,plan and she helped me out with sharing a 2 wk menu with recipe pies and a shopping list. This helped get me started on getting healthy, and now since I have a clearer mind and more energy shopping isn't as scary as it once was!

We are cheering for you!
  • sterlingwolf
    sterlingwolf Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nancy, I'm 45 years old and was officially diagnosed with Fibro a year and a half ago. Prior to that I had a doctor that pretty much treated me like a hypochondriac even though he had seen me on days when the pain was bad. That went on for several years, until we moved out of state and I had to find new doctors. Like you, I suffer from the pain on a daily basis but I also have the added pain from diabetic peripheral neuropathy. I started my weight loss journey about 5 weeks ago and so far I've lost 13 lbs! My clothes are starting to fit differently, my pants have started trying to escape my hips and my watch is getting to the point that my husband will have to adjust it for me so it stops flopping around. I'm a student with Penn-Foster, learning medical transcription; I love to read; I love music. The things that define me in life have been my children, my husband, and some of our very close friends. I try not to let the pain rule my day or interfere with the things I want to accomplish but it's a struggle. There are days I can barely focus on studying much less figure out what I should or shouldn't eat or convince myself to exercise. I hope, with the right support, that I can get motivated to exercise and that I offer inspiration to others on the same journey.
  • pgooderham1
    Options
    Hello all: I am new to this group and find it very difficult to get proper exercise with all my health issues and especially fibro!

Right now it's a challenge to get outdoors and just even walk.