chl5749
chl5749 Posts: 4 Member
Hello! I'm new also, :smile:!

Replies

• blebovitz
    blebovitz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been doing this on and off for over a year without success because I always sabotage myself. I made a commitment at he beginning of the year that this finally has to stop and I have lost 13 # since Jan, 1 and still working very hard at it. It is time I did something for myself. How about you.
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also started in January of this year and have lost 11 lbs thus far. Working hard and keep plucking away. We will get there!
  • sassafraswilds
    sassafraswilds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Self-sabotage --- Why are we (wimmin) so good at it...??? I think, really, that it is not 'sabatoge' but is more a lack of self-respect and confidence... that we tend to get our 'sense of identity' from those we love, which is not entirely a 'bad' thing, except when we (choose to) 'lay down our lives' in sacrafice of 'what we want' at the altar of 'what everyone else wants from us.'

So maybe the first step of our own success with accomplishing our personal dreams is to (choose to) make what we want just as important as what everyone we love wants from us... and accept the fact that when others do truly love and respect us they will want us to have all the good things in life we desire.

So in simple terms, just take a stand <smile>. Choose to decide to do MFP for YOU... just because you deserve to feel good and enjoy good health...!!! (((hugs))) ~Sassafras
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    How are you doing with this daily battle..... eat properly and exercise !
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    How are you doing ? It is a daily battle right? Eat the right foods and exercise... it has to be a life commitment , that's the hard part indeed ! GOOID LUCK.
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    Hope all my friends are doing well. I am finding out you really have to plan ahead every day. I took cupcakes to my quilt club Monday, but I planned for it and saved carb, calories and sugars so I could have one, still didn't go over anything for the day !!!

Before I would have.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE !
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    OH NO..... MY HUSBAND WANTED ME TO MAKE BANANA BREAD ! I ate a piece and didn't go over, but I surely would like to have another piece !
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    YOU ARE A WISE WOMAN ! We all struggle , we yo-yo, try for awhile and give up... ITS NATURAL. The important thing is you keep coming back ! Hang in there girl!
  • Arosebloom1
    Arosebloom1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What you said is so true. I know if I made banana bread I would be in the same boat as you.
  • CiaVinten
    CiaVinten Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all,
    Just started today - glad to see I'm in such good company! To be honest I don't have much to lose now (8lbs) but that's my problem - I keep thinking I'm not too bad and then blow it! I would so love to just get rid of that last little bit. Anyone else like this?
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    Good for you, Keep up the good work !
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ! Good luck with your goals.
  • lb7771
    lb7771 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Lois, over 60+, this is my first week on MFP, I tried earlier last month but other commitments just thru me right off, so I'm here again, logging into my Diary everyday & trying very hard to stick to it this time
    I've tried so my diets, from my own made up version to Weight Watchers (I think with the number of times I joined WW, I could have shares in the company), Last week I went to Herbal Magic, & when I found out how much it costs, I thought what the hell am I doing, I can do this on my own. Then my daughter told me to get back on MFP & stick with it.

I need to loose the 30 pounds I put on when I quit smoking 3 years ago. BOOM, just like that 30 lbs & I couldn't understand why because I didn't eat any differently when I was smoking, but there it was, & nothing fit me, so out I had to go and buy new clothes, now these clothes that I've bought are starting to get tight on me, so this is it, NO MORE FOOLING AROUND....that's my Mantra...I can do this, I no I have support from this site & with family and friends I will do this, no time limit, just eat right and exercise too.

Thank you all for the support, I really appreciate it !!
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    OH NO !!!! I have been staying on track then yesterday I found the zip lock bag where I put the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bar after we took our Grandson Camping last month. I was like oh that's where that is........no big deal. BUT LAST NIGHT at bedtime the zip lock BAG WAS CALLING ME ! OH NO ! I kept saying no to myself.........but finally I HAD to open it.....
    I ate two small crackers with a chunk of the Hershey's and one marshmallow. Do you know how fast you can nuke one of those delicious babies in the microwave !!!! OH NO ! BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS I ONLY ATE ONE AND THIS MORNING I ASKED MY HUSBAND TO HIDE THE BAG.
  • bgracie1
    bgracie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new to the group. After 3 years I canceled my Weight Watcher Membership. Guilt is what kept me at WW afraid to quit because I would gain back the weight I lost. The last year it has been up 2 pounds down .5, etc. My daughter has been telling me for a while to join MFP.

So here I am :)