March 13th

Morning all! L2 D2 for me today.

I struggled to get up this morning, it's freezing and I really couldn't be bothered! Eventually I forced myself to get out of bed and press play and Jillian certainly didn't go easy on me!

All I can say is thank God for Anita's modifiers on the cardio - squat thrusts in particular!

I think I'll be dragging myself through every second of this level! :sad:

Replies

• x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Ok ok. I'm up!
    If you can do it at whatever god awful time, I can do it now.

I hurt my knee yesterday and spent the rest of the night eating and feeling sorry for myself. So today I need to get back on track and hope my knee will let me finish

I'm a bit worried about the burpees but I think the rest should be ok. Plus I want to test my new heart rate monitor. Lets see what cals I really am burning !
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    I completed level 1 fine and completed day 1, level 2 yesterday but sadly I think I may have to rest for a bit as my knees are hurting. I've been following C25K for 2 months and due to finish week 9, I don't want to injure myself so I can't run. I plan on returning to 30 day shred L2 but after a weeks rest.

I have already lost inches though, so that's positive.
  • x3na1401
    8554389624_6803bf67b2.jpg
  • x3na1401
    Finally figured out how to post a picture !! Lol.

This was this morning (day 9) level 2.

I couldn't do the final plank twists as I have hurt my knee and cannot risk dropping on it so I modified and did bicycle crunches instead.

Knee hurting a bit now but still feel better for having done it !!

My heartrate monitor was brill. When I'm at full fitness I think I will be able to do 300 cals!

Interesting that fat and carb cals are equal here... Perhaps that's the shred part ?
  • x3na1401
    8553324799_03bbcdd81d_n.jpg
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Wow. Level 2 is intense! Day 2 done. I re-tweaked a hip flexor during pendulum lunges. Hope it isn't too bad! I hurt it skiing last weekend, or rather, falling last weekend. :) may have to take lunges easy for a few days.
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Very cool! What heart rate monitor/app is this?
  • x3na1401
    Polar H7 chest strap. Digifit iRunner

Heart rate 40 squid and digifit app was about a fiver for the pro pack
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Okay, you've all shamed me into getting off my posterior and starting my "date" with Jillian! I've been enjoying my morning coffee while reading these posts, but here I go........
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    I'm baaaackkk! :ohwell: I'm so glad to be done...and, as usual, I feel really good! So day 6, Level 2 is accomplished!
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Level 2 day 3 DONE!!! and i am sweating like a pig!!!! I will be honest I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow
  • day two here i come
    i do it when i get home from work
    i live in californina and right now its in the 80's , so its quite warm in my appartment when i get home
    i am starting to sweat just on the warm up
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    My bad knee was acting up and then my family got sick :grumble: I'll be attempting Level 1 day 8 today. Again.Yesterday my body wasn't having it and I was pretty sure I was going to puke up a lung by the end of the warm up.
    I hate being sick/worn down from taking care of everyone else. On the bright side, both Saturday and Sunday included no less than 3 hours of walking. That's something, right? RIGHT???
  • I just finished day 6 on level 1. It's finally getting easier, 4 more days until its hard all over again on level 2!

Can't wait to get to where you guys are!

Good luck everyone!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Finished level 2 day 7! Three more days then on to Level 3...should I be excited?? I'm not sure!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Day 8 is done! Although it's been a few days and I'm not feeling totally awesome, I rocked it.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 and Anita is definitely my saving grace!

I'm on day 13 straight. And I decided to be a little crazy and I did one of level 1 a few hours after level 2.. 2 shreds in 1 day.. oy.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    You all rock!!

I just completed my workout, it's 2 minutes to midnight but who cares. Managed 8 real pushups today!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Did Level Two, Day two today after skipping yesterday due to tweaking my left hip on the first day. Took it easy on some of the twisting exercises but felt fine after and went for a 30 minute walk. I think I like this level better than level one, not sure why.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Today was day 3 at level 2. Can't get all the way brought jumping planks today, or jump rope without modifying. (See the similarity?).
    Had a full day of exercise, but didn't let myself skip....for this I am proud!