EMWL and feeling like a pig

Options
I'm going on 2 weeks and I really enjoy eating more calories, but I'm finding I'm feeling super stuffed and can't always eat my tdee-20%. Anyone else having this same issue? And I just feel like a super pig and feeling bloated again.. I've only gained a pound or two but wanna see the weight go down not stay same or up.. Help please!!!

Replies

• prettypaleo67
    Options
    Hi there,

I didn't have a problem with not being able to eat enough, it was like a vacation eating 2100 after starving at 1400 for so long. BUT, I did have the problem of feeling chubby and a bit uncomfortable in my skin during my reset.

Just know you are doing the right thing for your body and continue with your exercise, and it should all sort out eventually!

Now please excuse me while I gnaw my arm a bit --- I am day 1 of cut and feeling quite hungry for dinner, and I'm still eating more than I was prior to reset. LOL!
  • SalonBoi
    SalonBoi Posts: 60
    Options
    My tree number is set at 3621 and there was no way I could eat that much, don't get me wrong I So Love To Eat To, so I went with the tdee-%20 ... and it brought me to 2897 a day.. Am I OK still subtracting so fast?
  • SalonBoi
    Options
    Tdee not tree
  • SalonBoi
    Options
    I've only fluctuated slightly so far.. weight wise that is..
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Most do have that "I'm so full I might explode" feeling at first. It will pass, and then suddenly you will be hungry all.the.time, even when you have eaten every last calorie that made you feel full the day before... It's all part of the process. :)
  • AmyzNewGroove
    Options
    ...so I went with the tdee-%20 ... and it brought me to 2897 a day.. Am I OK still subtracting so fast?

Everybody is different, but TDEE-%20 is a good start. My advice is to give your body time to adjust and then reassess. Indicators like weight stabilization and then decrease (while cutting) would tell you that your body has forgiven you for any VLCD time spent, and you can proceed forward with your weightloss/fitness goals. On the other hand, if after 6, 12, 15 weeks your weight still fluctuates like crazy, doesn't seem to be responding as you would expect, reassess and adjust your plan at that point.

Edit to correct silly grammar errors. :)
  • SalonBoi
    Options
    So would I go up to full tdee if after 12,15 + weeks with still fluctuating?
  • AmyzNewGroove
    Options
    You might need to do the full reset, yes...but you might also want to "drill down" a bit with your numbers to make sure your calculated TDEE is correct first...like getting BF% measured (recommend BodPod or having a trained pro measure with calipers) and using the Katch-McCardle method, getting anal retentive on food measurements (e.g. digital scale), etc. Just take this process one step at a time; don't get to caught up in the "what ifs" right now. Just keep doing what you are doing...and when you get to the "I could eat a horse" stage, you know you are progressing. Once you get there, you can start thinking about the next step...
  • SalonBoi
    Options
    Thank u so much for info.. I'll have more questions I'm sure..
  • AmyzNewGroove
    Options
    Good! Questions are always good. :) Just keep the faith, brotha. This process is legit, if you BELIEVE, COMMIT, and WORK IT. I'm living proof; in one year, I've lost 3% BF, am down 4 dress sizes, and, most importantly, the number on the scale no longer defines who I am. Good thing too, I've gained 4 lbs (of lean muscle mass)!!! :wink: :drinker:
  • SalonBoi
    Options
    Amazing job... I know I'll b there one day too.... When I burn more calories than what I figured into my tdee should I eat some of those calories back? It was much higher of a burn today than I chose I original calculator ..
  • AmyzNewGroove
    Options
    I guess that all depends on how you calculated your TDEE.. I'm a big believer of eating the same calorie amount everyday (at least until you have all the X, Y, and Zs sorted out); however, you should always keep you "net" number above BMR, so if your BMR is 2000 (for example) and your cut is 2500 (again, example) and you burn ~600 cals that day, you would want to eat an extra 100 cals (at least) to stay above BMR.

How did you calculate your TDEE?

Again, grammar edits...I must be getting tired. LOL
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I felt like a stuffed pig when I was eating at TDEE for my reset. Part of my problem was trying to do it by eating only healthy low-calorie foods. Once I added in some Kashi cookies, avocados and nuts it got easier.

Edited to add ...
    My favorite TDEE / BMR "calculator" is a spreadsheet put together by heybales:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amt7QBR9-c6MdGVTbGswLUUzUHNVVUlNSW9wZWloeUE

You can read about using the spreadsheet in this post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SalonBoi
    Options
    I guess that all depends on how you calculated your TDEE.. I'm a big believer of eating the same calorie amount everyday (at least until you have all the X, Y, and Zs sorted out); however, you should always keep you "net" number above BMR, so if your BMR is 2000 (for example) and your cut is 2500 (again, example) and you burn ~600 cals that day, you would want to eat an extra 100 cals (at least) to stay above BMR.

How did you calculate your TDEE?

Again, grammar edits...I must be getting tired. LOL

I used the scooby calculator and another calculator that was suggested on here. I put myself in the moderate to light activity range.. I just recently purchased a Striiv pedometer, and was wondering if i should start logging in calories burned from that as i have some days where I'm not as active but other days I'm extremely busy.. Thanks for all the help..
  • andrea_kohlman
    andrea_kohlman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Most do have that "I'm so full I might explode" feeling at first. It will pass, and then suddenly you will be hungry all.the.time, even when you have eaten every last calorie that made you feel full the day before... It's all part of the process. :)

I was so happy to read this!!! I thought that I was abnormal. I am starting week 3 of my reset and the first week, I thought I was going to throw up the first few days from all the food; now I am finding myself to be hungry all the time. I am avoiding the scale like the plague for at least 4 full weeks; it plays with my head too much.

When did you know you were ready to start cutting? I definitely don't want to do it too soon and I am thinking mid-end of April Is it one of those "you just know, you know?" moments?
  • leedebter
    leedebter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good! Questions are always good. :) Just keep the faith, brotha. This process is legit, if you BELIEVE, COMMIT, and WORK IT. I'm living proof; in one year, I've lost 3% BF, am down 4 dress sizes, and, most importantly, the number on the scale no longer defines who I am. Good thing too, I've gained 4 lbs (of lean muscle mass)!!! :wink: :drinker:

thanks for posting this. Very encouraging when you are struggling to keep the faith in this.
  • AmyzNewGroove
    Options

I used the scooby calculator and another calculator that was suggested on here. I put myself in the moderate to light activity range.. I just recently purchased a Striiv pedometer, and was wondering if i should start logging in calories burned from that as i have some days where I'm not as active but other days I'm extremely busy.. Thanks for all the help..
    My favorite TDEE / BMR "calculator" is a spreadsheet put together by heybales:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amt7QBR9-c6MdGVTbGswLUUzUHNVVUlNSW9wZWloeUE

You can read about using the spreadsheet in this post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

Go with the Scooby calculated #s or ^^ calculator is my recommendation. Using a TDEE measurement is going to spread your calories from a weeks worth of activity across that week...doing this will teach your body that you are consistently fueling it, even though one day you probably eat over your actual burn and other days you eat less than your total burn for that day. Hope that makes sense?
  • AmyzNewGroove
    Options
    I was so happy to read this!!! I thought that I was abnormal. I am starting week 3 of my reset and the first week, I thought I was going to throw up the first few days from all the food; now I am finding myself to be hungry all the time. I am avoiding the scale like the plague for at least 4 full weeks; it plays with my head too much.

Good, avoid the scale, in the early phases of EM2WL, it is not a useful tool. Later on in the process, it might be, but early on, not so much. :)
    When did you know you were ready to start cutting? I definitely don't want to do it too soon and I am thinking mid-end of April Is it one of those "you just know, you know?" moments?

Yes, I think you will get to a point where you can say "I'm ready for cut." That being said, this can't be an emotional decision (no "I can't stand eating so much, I have to cut" motivations). Every body, and yes, I mean every body, not everybody, (even though everybody also works LOL...I digress...) is different; lots of variables and you need to do what is best for your body. At that point, you should revaluate your goals, and align your fitness and food plan accordingly.
  • SalonBoi
    Options
    Today I got so busy with work I didn't eat much until end of day, did I screw myself up after all my work eating well almost my whole tdee? I was about 600 Cal's under my goal. I've stayed at the same weight almost two weeks now, so maybe I can start cutting down? Is that possible my body forgave me that fast?