Newby - Need Maintenance Friends

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am really close to my goal weight of 124lbs. My present weight is 126lbs. Last September 2012, my starting weight was 136. I have been a slow loser but that has been ok with me. I have kept track of my measurements, TDEE, BRM, BF%, etc. I have taken pictures every 1-2 months along the way too.

It sacres me a little about mainenance because I don't want to start thinking I can now eat this or that and not gain and also let up on my workouts. Presently, I do strength (weights) training 3/week and do ChiRunning 3/week. I am scheduled to run my first 5K the first part of April. Then I will train for a 10K and this fall, a half marathon and do a run for each.

And. . . . I might be the oldest here. . . I wil be 67 years young next month! don't look it and don't feel it!. I have pictures if anyone wants to see them just go to my profile.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Replies

• 4ahealthybmi
    4ahealthybmi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching goal!

I have a list of 200 maintainers, some of whom are in their 80s.

You can see it here:

http://tinyurl.com/maintenance-HOF

They're all at a different free online wellness site, but there's no reason you can't browse their profiles and get ideas and inspiration.
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    4ahealthybml: Thanks so much for replying. I went directly to the website you have mentioned. Looks interesting . . . it will take some time browsing.

Your before and after pictures are awesome!
  • 4ahealthybmi
    4ahealthybmi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You're so welcome!

I find it really comforting to see all those people out there in the world, maintaining too. :-)
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Can't believe you are 67. Amazing work- so inspiring!
  • Sheikie
    Sheikie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching goal!

I have a list of 200 maintainers, some of whom are in their 80s.

You can see it here:

http://tinyurl.com/maintenance-HOF

They're all at a different free online wellness site, but there's no reason you can't browse their profiles and get ideas and inspiration.
  • Sheikie
    Sheikie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome amazing maintainers' llist you posted!! Thank you big time! Verrrry helpful and diligent of you!

And to Nana - I am 67; maintaining 80 lbs. lost for over 2.5 years (+/-). HAD many strikes against me, married to younger man, feel like a million bux!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Just by looking at your profile pic, you don't look 67. What an amazing body you have :)

I have sort of similar stats. I started at 139 and set and achieved my goal weight of 127 in 15 weeks. I'm currently at 125 and have been hovering around there (+/- 2 lbs) since last May. Maintenance has it's own struggles, but there are a lot of great people on here maintaining that can offer support. I'm here if you want. I login religiously every Monday to Friday and usually take the weekends off...but I'll support you if you want/need it :)

~Martha
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey Nana. Very similar stats here. (Though my user name is gramma, in fact I answer to Nana.). I am 68.
    5'4" and 125lbs. I started last August with an all time high weight of 146. (Some of that was from Prednisone ...I am off it now.)
    I have found it much harder to lose weight this time round so I am really determined to keep it off. (I hit goal in December.)
    I am still not happy with my maintenance plan...or lack thereof so would look forward to sharing insights in that regard.
    I do not run but have walked 1,000 miles since I got my Fitbit on Sept 24, 2012.
    I do weights 2-3 times a week...mostly just to keep my legs and feet in shape for the walking and my core strong enough to hold me upright.
    My profile explains that I am not accepting new friends but I invite you to disregard that and add me.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Great work! I've been doing maintenance for close to a year and a half and have logged actively for 700 some odd days. I am currently working on gaining strength. I am also throwing my hat into doing a 5k mud run at the end of April.
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    Thank you for your replys! They all are great and I will send requests for youto be one of my mfp friends! Some of you have very similar stats!
  • kim_mcintire
    Options
    That is really inspiring!!! I have a similar story. I lost 25 pounds very slowly but I am determined to keep it off. I will send you a friend request. It would help you to see that I eat my goal almost everyday and have still kept it off for two years. Don't be afraid!!! Your body needs the fuel especially with the great fitness program you are doing. Good job!!!
    I am 42, 5 foot 5, my weight can fluctuate (water) from 126-130. I haven't gained above that amount for two years.