Your average amount of sleep

Options
OkieinMinny
OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
So when I got my BMF it woke me up (dumb *kitten* pun) to how little sleep I get a night - My average is about 4 hours - what is yours?

Replies

• determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I seriously thought I got 8 hours every night. I was so wrong! I get between 5 - 6 hours every night.
  • t_elliot
    t_elliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've' had 2 nights of 8 :hours since Nov 2012.. Nightly average is 6:10 min.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I average around 5 hours. I usually hit 8 hours once a month, but it is because I went back to bed. :)
  • thinagain2014
    thinagain2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So far my average is 6hrs but that's because I try to make up time on the weekend:yawn:
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My average is 6 hours 30 minutes... I could use more sleep but my kids don't agree with me.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It's up and down. Most nights I get between 6-1/2 and 7-1/2 hours.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Yeah - big shock - I'm 'awake' in the middle of the night, sometimes for hours and I'm susposedly I'm not laying down. But hubby says I'm not sleep walking as that would wake him up. My doc looked at that and next year at physical time, if that hasn't changed, we will explore sleep apnea issues. But I've also heard the thing was designed for you to spend the majority of your night laying on your back. I sleep on my sides. Someone else posted that due to its issues, he wears his on his leg at night and gets better readings. I haven't tried that yet.
  • hballack
    hballack Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Average is 7.17 min. I am hoping to improve this now that I am aware.
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My average is 7:15. It was really interesting to see the differences in my patterns and my husband's. I thought I slept terribly and he slept like a baby, but it's the opposite. I'm nearly in a coma all night, with maybe one small blip of light grey. He, on the other hand, gets miserable sleep with 20+ 'awake' times per night. Based on what we've learned with our BMF, we're looking into having him tested for apnea.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yeah - big shock - I'm 'awake' in the middle of the night, sometimes for hours and I'm susposedly I'm not laying down. But hubby says I'm not sleep walking as that would wake him up. My doc looked at that and next year at physical time, if that hasn't changed, we will explore sleep apnea issues. But I've also heard the thing was designed for you to spend the majority of your night laying on your back. I sleep on my sides. Someone else posted that due to its issues, he wears his on his leg at night and gets better readings. I haven't tried that yet.

I sleep on my side with BodyMedia on my arm and have no issues.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I get about 6:30 a night to feel rested. I would have sworn I get more. Also the armband sometimes thinks I'm asleep when I lay down and watch TV. I find myself sitting up and watching more often since I got the armband because I like my numbers to come out right :)

Mine works mostly just fine in any position.