losing weight for the first time ever, so need advice

Options
saudade88
saudade88 Posts: 29 Member
Hello,
I noticed how many people here (in this group particularly) have actually been at low calorie diet before and did have some ˝success˝ with it.
So, I've never been into fad diets, and I only have about 6-8lbs of FAT to lose (never had any more than that) So is it ok for me to start eating right away at -15% of TDEE? Or should I start with say 1300 calories and then gradually up it to 1800 calories?

Thank you!

Replies

• StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    No no no no no!!!!!!

We have "all" MISTAKENLY eaten a very low number, and spent months (almost a year in my case) trying to sort out our bodies.

If you are clever enough to have not starved yourself in this way then PLEASE don't start now!!!

Absolutely jump right in to TDEE - 15%

Steph :)
  • saudade88
    saudade88 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! That's what I thought, but really needed some reassurance!! Thank you <3 Everyone new to losing weight should know that. :)
    No no no no no!!!!!!

We have "all" MISTAKENLY eaten a very low number, and spent months (almost a year in my case) trying to sort out our bodies.

If you are clever enough to have not starved yourself in this way then PLEASE don't start now!!!

Absolutely jump right in to TDEE - 15%

Steph :)
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Definitely - I wish I knew everything I know now, 3 years ago, but I didn't and have paid the price for my lack of knowledge!!

I also wish 1200 calories wasn't the "go-to" number for seemingly everyone online and people you talk to!

Good luck on your journey - and remember that you may lose 6lbs of fat, but the scale may show only a small drop due to body recomposition. The most important thing is to check your measurements/photos as that is the only thing that the outside world can see!