13.2 Workout

Options
T_R_A_V
T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
Lets post times here to see how we measure up, and to help motivate each other. We all can kick *kitten* so lets do it dammit!

Replies

• kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    We did 3MR deadlifts yesterday and more deadlifts in the WOD, so today I wasn't enthused to see them again. However, I made through 4 full rounds plus the lifts in the 5th round, so 135 reps, but I only did 63#. Considering this is my first full WOD using a real box instead of a tire to jump on, I'm happy with this, because I'm still only a 3 month newbie :)

However, I watched one of the coaches do hers before I left. She did Rx and got 176 reps (5 full rounds and up to 11 of the box jumps in the 6th).

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing everyone's results :)
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling so discouraged after seeing it. I can't do 75lb shoulder to OH - the most I can hang clean so far as been about 50lbs. Box jump too - I can do 16" but haven't even attempted to do 20. Our box is running the WOD tonight - I'm not sure what to do now. My last 2 WOD's have been very discouraging.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    artsyalice give it a try. I know those sound like big jumps in weight and height. If you have been doing the 16" I have a feeling you can reach the 20 and you might be able to get out a couple of reps of the heavier weight. These are the times you can challenge yourself and really see how far you can go. I am even more green at this, but what you wrote about signing up for the opens was inspiring and you trying to conquer this would be as well. Use it as a bench mark for next year and go for it.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling so discouraged after seeing it. I can't do 75lb shoulder to OH - the most I can hang clean so far as been about 50lbs. Box jump too - I can do 16" but haven't even attempted to do 20. Our box is running the WOD tonight - I'm not sure what to do now. My last 2 WOD's have been very discouraging.

Don't be discouraged! I bet you'll be amazed at what you can do when the time comes.

Someone at my box gave me this tip for doing box jumps: Just think 'Knees up'. Just get your knees up as high as you can and you'll be able to do 20 in. After hearing that, I attempted the 24 in. box and did it with no problem! I never thought I could do it until I tried. Good luck!

By the way, I'm lame and didn't sign up for the Games this year (only have 2 months of Crossfit under my belt), and I'm totally regretting it. I might try 13.2 during open gym on Sunday.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options

I'm right there with you. My max push press is about 55lbs. and my max jerk so far is about 65lbs. If I can get through the first five reps at 75lbs., It will be a miracle!

Good luck tonight! I know I'll need all the luck I can get!
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Step ups are allowed for the box jumps.
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    Jump til you cant anymore, then you can step up
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    I am soooooo stoked about this tonight....wish me luck

And all, even if you didnt sign up, give it a whack...only way to improve is to take chances
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'm definitely going to go and push myself! Good luck to all attempting it!
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    We're doing it tomorrow but I know I can't do the 75 lb OH. I can only do 40 lb max. I am up to 24" box jumps (did 5 rounds today) and PR'd my deadlift at 145 lbs this morning. For my 5th week of CrossFit, I'm quite satisfied with that! =)

I'll post my official 13.2 numbers when we're done tomorrow.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Good luck, guys!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I am trying to refine box jumps and after some investigation I reckon if you jump up and step down, it makes it easier and also elimiates possible archilles injury.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you have weak achilles/soleus, I'd go that route. Although I'm not doing the open, I always step down.

And remember, it's not about doing this Rx (to the newbs), it's about pushing yourself a little outside your comfort zone and know that you've tried your hardest.
  • jvv2a
    jvv2a Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think that with this workout, my biggest concern is how fast I need to go. There are so many girls that have the endurance and strength so I'm hoping to get a good amount of reps in.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    No worries if you don't get the Rx, the WOD wasn't that bad tbh and like I mentioned it was my first time actually doing 20" box jumps graduating from the tire (FINALLY!). I did try a few with the 75#, but I knew I would gas out in like Round 2 if I kept it.

I unfortunately (or maybe fortunately LOL) missed 13.1 - that looked like hell. Today the hardest part was the 5 push press in the later rounds....oy.

You can all kill it :) Artsyalice don't stress about anything - just give it your best and I really look forward to seeing everyone's results tomorrow. Great idea making a thread for this - it kind of gives us all a similar bonding experience lol.
  • julieofarc
    julieofarc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yay for step ups! ;) Made my day to see that. One of the strong guys at my box timed his jumps vs. step ups this morning, and only lost 4 seconds for stepping. Of course, that's 40 seconds over the course of the WOD for him, but I'm thinking it'll be a faster way for me.

I could do the 75# press, but it was hard. That will definitely be my limiting factor. :( Hoping for 2-3 rounds because of that. 4 would be amazing.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Just as I suspected, I scored a zero because I could not get that 75lbs. over my head and locked out. So discouraging. I did manage to get one up there (a test run before the WOD), which was a PR for me... so at least there was a little bit of good news today.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Don't be discourged, you tried and when you rock out that weight you will know how far you have come.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

Don't be discouraged! I bet you'll be amazed at what you can do when the time comes.

Someone at my box gave me this tip for doing box jumps: Just think 'Knees up'. Just get your knees up as high as you can and you'll be able to do 20 in. After hearing that, I attempted the 24 in. box and did it with no problem! I never thought I could do it until I tried. Good luck!

Another tip, if this doesn't work, is one I received today for box jumps: try thinking less about getting your feet up and thinking more about exploding from your hips- that upward explosion helps carry your body up.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I did manage to get one up there (a test run before the WOD), which was a PR for me

Celebrate the little victories!!
    SlowProgressIsStillProgress.jpeg
    tumblr_mgga6z6vkV1ryugvbo1_250.jpg

Vin-Diesel.jpg

edit: sorry gang, I don't know how to resize the pics, but if you "quote" my post you'll see the links where you can download them or view them better.