New to the program needs friends/support

Options
Hello, I am new to the program I am still learning how all this works. I am 49 and way over weight!!! I have given so much of my time to my family I have forgot about me.. So, now my baby will head to college and I have lots of spare time, so I am devoting it to me for once.. I have many questions about the program and logging food. But mostly I am looking for people my age to give me inspiration, ideas and whom I can communicate with daily. Thanks : ) Sandra

Replies

• justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    HI Sandra,
    I am 45 and just trying to lose a few lbs. Friend me if you would like or email me any questions and I will try to help.
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    Hi! I'm 41 and have been using MFP since January 2013. I love this site, and I love the support and encouragement I've been getting from my buddies! I'm sending a friend request.
  • momtomm
    momtomm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Laura and I am also new to this site. I am excited to start using MFP.
  • brewman01
    brewman01 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family,I'm here to help too!
  • MsSanDiegoExplorer
    Options
    Hi Im Bridgette and new to the program and could use all the support I can use....Im also need a local san diego walking excercise partner...Sure would help...I founda forum for this under search but it was real old and didnt have a way for me to post....Thank you all you 40+ fabo people and WE CAN DO IT HOORAY!! Bridgett:flowerforyou:
  • jsa_momto3
    jsa_momto3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    40 Here and know exactly what you mean about taking care of others and not yourself. My baby headed to kindergarten this year so I have more time for myself and I'm going to take advantage of it. Friend me if you would like.
  • TinaTeeTee
    TinaTeeTee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 41 and new to group also. Today is day 2, so far, so good. Together we can do this!
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Bridgette and new to the program and could use all the support I can use....Im also need a local san diego walking excercise partner...Sure would help...I founda forum for this under search but it was real old and didnt have a way for me to post....Thank you all you 40+ fabo people and WE CAN DO IT HOORAY!! Bridgett:flowerforyou:

Hello Bridgette .....
    As my "walking partner" I used an app on my phone called "Cardio Trainer". I love the ability to track my distance, speed and calories burned AND it keeps a history for me. (an upcoming feature to the app is the ability to add 'friends' ..... I can't wait for that one.)
  • KippyBee
    KippyBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to "friend" me if you'd like. I turn 40 in April, have 30 lbs to lose and log in daily. Welcome and good luck to you!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tim or Zilla, I'm 46 ex power lifter. I do 3 days of power lifting and 3 days of crossfit. 6'3" 245-250
    Man I'm tired today. Wish to lose 25 lbs. but don't wanna lose strength or muscle. Very slow process. Single full time dad with 13 year old boy and 18 year old girl. Sometimes feel guilty about working out and not being at home to take care of the kids but they want me to keep it up.
  • SallyAnnNorton
    SallyAnnNorton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi i am 48 and i am a grandma, i will support you if you support me right back. Friend me.
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like!
  • krawilcox
    krawilcox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandra,
    I joined a few years ago and didn't take it seriously. I decided today it was time to start again...seriously this time. I have 37 pounds to lose and together with all the support on this site and around us, we will do this!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Suzanne. 43yrs old, sigle mom. want to lose my "front bum" and about 15-20lbs. Not exactly overweight (18.89%body fat) but VERY uncomfortable in my skin. used to weigh less than 120lbs and now working my way back to that from 140lbs. very hard work as I have always eaten what I wanted whenever I wanted and did not even know what a carb was until January... My 10 yr old daughter is very supportive but still fell guilty havign to haul her to my classes 3X/week and keeping her up past 9PM. Not sure how else to do it though.
  • TwinkiesNKetchup
    Options
    welcome aboard, we're pretty close to the same age. I'm glad you have time for yourself now :) Good luck!
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey Sandra...I too am new to MFP and have allot of weight to lose. I have 2 older children that also are out of the house. I too have always been the type to take care of everyone else first until recently when I decided I am no good to others if I don't put me first! I need to be healthier because I have a 5 year old and at 46(47 this month) I need to be able to keep up.
    We can do this!
  • jane888888
    jane888888 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandra
    I have been logging since January at 47 years and doing well.
    I completely get "your time for you".
    It takes a while to get your head around this and logging gets much quicker once your usual foods are in.
    I have sent a friend request.
  • rbrown5068
    rbrown5068 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Randall and 43 and started using MFP recently and it really helps. I am looking for more friends too, so feel free to friend me and we can help support each other.
  • kuhar352
    kuhar352 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sending you a request :)
  • CaribChick
    CaribChick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, Sandra.
    I'm new to the group also. I'm a 42 yr. old WW flunk-out. I've been following MFP for 2 weeks, working out 3-4 times a week (45 mins cardio 2 days and pilates the other 2) and I've already shed 3 lbs. I knew I could do it, I just needed the right balance. Lots more work to do.