What's the best advice?

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

I am attempting to wake up the sleepy board by asking a question. What is the best advice about fitness, diet, healthy living etc. you have received? Do you follow it?

Replies

• Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The best advice I received was to view it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. In order to fully achieve long lasting weight loss you have to change your life (your relationship with food, eating healthy, exercise, emotions). The best thing I can tell someone else who needs to lose a large amount of weight is to try losing weight in small increments such as 10% of your body weight. That way you're focusing on a small number and not a really big one. For me losing 23.5 pounds sounds a lot easier than say 55 pounds.
  • roundtherink
    Options
    Same here- ban the word 'diet' from your vocabulary. Its a new lifestyle, which for me, means I still get to eat my favourites.
    Moderation is key. As long as I don't feel deprived, I can stay healthy 95% of the time. Deprivation=binging (for me).
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Definetely to view as a lifestyle change!...also to weigh/measure your food....before i actually weighed and measured i was actully underestimating. half a cup of rice is actually ALOT of rice!Lol
  • lissa0040
    Options
    One of the best pieces of advice that I have received and haven't always followed is to look at the big picture. Not all the weight you need to lose-- but if you "mess up" don't let it wipe you out. Look at the big picture... if you've made more good choices than bad you are headed in the right direction. Don't let this be an all or nothing process!
  • roundtherink
    Options
    I need to remember that one more often....
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    someone once reviewed my menu and told me that it was ok for me to be hungry----that I did not need to eat all day long. At first I was a little hurt, but then I realized that I DO eat all day long. I made it a priority to plan snacks as needed, but that there are times I may feel hungry.....and that is ok.
  • lissa0040
    Options
    ^^^^^ LOVE it Alana! So many of us don't want to ever feel hungry or "deprived" when the reality is once in a while it will happen and it's ok!