Daily struggle

Options
Hi everyone,

I recently posted on the main forum before finding this.... I am driving myself crazy - I CANNOT stop myself from binging daily with the occasional purge. I obsessively think about food/diet/body image all waking hours and going insane.

I have removed all my triggers, but end up having anything I can get my hands on. I can't for the life of me figure out why I am doing this. I am definitely eating enough during the day, I am otherwise a very fit and healthy person. I try to distract myself, i tell myself everyday that TODAY is the day I will just get through one day without having a massive binge (never happens). I have enough water, I sleep enough, I am otherwise an extremely happy person and can't link this to anything to anything past or present in my life.

I can't figure this out for the life of me but desperately need to fix this!!

How do you manage to get through a day without binging?

Replies

• Lmccloy
    Lmccloy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group (yesterday) and battle daily just as you do...with the occasional purge. Actually, the purge happens more often than not. I'm only just learning about BED and bulimia but I know if I could control the binging I wouldn't have the other issue. I'm very body conscious and spend 2 hours a day in the gym as well as restrict what foods I eat - I think that's where my issue comes from. I'm also a generally happy person. I know what it's like to think "never again" or "today is the day". And then as soon as the urge comes on, I feel like I'm doomed. I think it will help just having someone to talk to and others who understand that it's not just about will power. The days I succeed are the days I stay occupied, have someone present (I binge in secret), work out and basically not have any of my trigger foods around. But I won't lie, I can fail even on a day when all the stars are perfectly aligned.

Today I'm starting a new thing. I'm trying to love my body. I'm trying to think of it as this separate, fabulous thing that I want to care about and not sabotage. We'll see how it goes.
  • cpeter76
    cpeter76 Posts: 15
    Options
    You both are singing my song. I've got no answers, but I'm going to continue reading these group discussions in the hopes that something will click with me and I will have that ah-ha moment and never look back! Thanks for sharing.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You all came to the right place. I joined this group at the beginning of March and have been participating in the "March Challenge -Me vs. the Binge" thread. I find it's helpful to keep myself accountable. You'll see there are many of us who share your same struggles.

PS - feel free to add me