137 aiming for 125 - Would love someone to help

Options
Hey everyone,

So I'm 137 pounds and I am hoping to be 125 by sometime this summer (before July would be awesome). My short-term goals are around 135 in two weeks (when I'm going on a big trip where I know I'm not going to worry about this), Around 130 by May 11th (When I see my dad and go on another trip with him), and around 125 by July 2nd. Then, I want to work long-term to hover between 125 and 120.

I am a runner and get my exercising running 45 minutes a day, with some core/arms/legs when I feel like it. I really hate doing muscle work, so I run because that's the only exercise I can stick with.

Does anyone have similar goals and want to join me? I'd love some more friends to hold me accountable. I know it's going to be hard (I've never lost this weight in my life, so it's pretty glued on), so I need all the help I can get.

Hope someone wants to help. :)

Replies

• JamieA8
    JamieA8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your topic sounds as if I could have written it!

I am 5'4" and am bouncing around 135 and 136 right now. My goal is to be down to 122. My goal was to hit that by May 18th when we go on vacation, but I am not sure I am going to hit that. 122 would put me back to where I was last summer before I had to re-loose the weight.

The only way I can eat is by walking/running. My knees are really bad from soccer but I try to do 45-60 minutes of walking/running 3 days a week right now and 3 days in the gym lifting weights. I don't like to run a treadmill and the weather has been so nasty here, so I have been doing the Elliptical which just doesn't cut the weight for me like running does.

I would love some extra support on this journey!
  • DanceGirl0309
    DanceGirl0309 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My situation is also very similar.

I am 5'4" and bouncing around between 131-133 at the moment. My goal is also to get down between 120-125. I am not a runner though.. I am currently doing the walking at home videos by Leslie Sansone (walking anywhere from 2-5 miles at a time).
  • oliviazab
    oliviazab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same situation as you ladies. I was about 140 and am now down to 130. I work out a lot, doing various cardio, weights and excercise classes. MFP has really helped me as I found it very hard to even get down to 130 before joining, and then it just happened as soon as I started tracking my food.

I honestly think a mix of cardio and weights is key, only doing cardio will make you lose weight for sure, but you won't be very toned or strong. Maybe try doing a class or even youtube some excercise videos if you don't know how to start
  • majinuni
    majinuni Posts: 12
    Options
    OP--sounds like you are describing me :-) I too would much rather run than do muscle work (not really sure WHY...running is boring...but at least I can watch my iPad on the treadmill!!) In fact, I want to be 130lbs by May 11th exactly because that is my boyfriend's graduation and I want to be in a sexy dress :-D Haven't been that small since high school!

5'5", SW 145, CW 136, GW 130. Diary open. Would love to have more friends!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I too have similar goals!!! I'm hanging out at 135lbs, want to get to 125-128lbs! It's tough! I know I just really need to clean up my diet but the thought of giving up and settling often crosses my mind.. will be sending yall a FR! Anyone else, feel free to add me. I would love to recieve support as well as give it! Also, need workout routine ideas? Not a runner though.
  • ljarnett
    ljarnett Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5 3" and currently weighing in at 134lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 120lbs which I'm aiming to get to by August this year when I will be going on a summer holiday and I will have to face the dreaded....b i k i n i.

I have two short term goals too:

1) 129lbs by 15th April when I start my new job

2) 124lbs by 3rd June (no reason really, just that it will be getting hot and I want to wear sleeveless tops!)

I'm a runner too! Unfortunately, I am currently undertaking some rather intense work training and my evenings and weekends have been completely absorbed. I know I just need to find 30 minutes a day for exercise but I'm prioritising everything else at the moment - very bad. I would love to support you and I hope you can give me the motivation I need to shift the weight and put my running shoes back on! Please feel free to send an invite, I too want some friends to hold me accountable!
  • emmanuellelevy
    emmanuellelevy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - Maybe someone can help me, I'm 5'1 - and about 112 lbs - but my ideal weight is 100-102 lbs - When I eat, it goes directly to my stomach and *kitten* (i feel like i'm the shape of a pear) - and the `pants test` failed ; I just don't feel comfortable in my cloths anymore - My goal is to lose 1 lbs a week (or slightly less) - I need to lose the 10 lbs by June 1st - and the more I exercise, the more I gain (it might be a combination of muscle weight), but I doubt it, since the pants don't fit anymore - Why is MFP not letting me lose more than 0.5 lbs per week, even when I set my goal to 1lbs?
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I am 5'4" and at 136 wanting to get back to my 120 by summer. going is very tough as I am now 42 and entering early menopause (mentlepause as I call it). finding it VERY dificult to lose any significant amount. I do aquasize at least 2X/week and try to add in at least 1 more if time allows. I also do Hip Hop Abs and some JM at home, usually on my off days from aquasize. I could use a friend or 2 to keep me motivated and share ideas with. lets keep this thread going and check in on one another at least 1X/week.....
  • nizaanin
    nizaanin Posts: 1
    Options
    hi I just wanna know whether if we eat according to our goal calorie intake, will we lose our weight like what we aim for or we have to eat less? i'm exercising 2 times a week. my weight goes up from 143 to 154 which was my wake up call as my height just 5'4"
    Really need some motivation and advice as my target weight would be 130
  • cassondra1370
    cassondra1370 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I started out a little above 150, I am at 139 right now, and I would LOVE to be 125 by summer. I am also 5'7 and I am doing short workouts daily. Any and all motivation is helpful!
  • littlelovelylauren
    Options
    I completely understand what you're going through! I'm 5'2" and started on MFP at 139 with my goal at 120 by July 1. I since have lost 10 pounds! I accredit that to inputting all of my foods and drinks and actually seeing what I was eating. I changed my diet, switched over to diet or zero calorie soda if I need it, and I'm doing Zumba (for XBox) 3 times a week. Before, it was so hard to lose even 5 pounds, and I lost the 10 in a month. I'm now only 9 pounds from my goal, and I know I can do it! You can too!
  • bucketbott
    bucketbott Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hi I just wanna know whether if we eat according to our goal calorie intake, will we lose our weight like what we aim for or we have to eat less? i'm exercising 2 times a week. my weight goes up from 143 to 154 which was my wake up call as my height just 5'4"
    Really need some motivation and advice as my target weight would be 130

There could be many reasons why your weight went up.

I don't know how much time there was between those two weights for you, so I'll assume it was a week because that's how often most people weigh themselves. It could be that you are retaining water, which can be caused by a very high carb diet or certain supplements such as creatine. Your monthly cycle can also affect your weight. Make sure that you are drinking LOTS of water. Seriously, drink more water than you think you need. It seems counter-intuitive, but it will make you retain less water.

As far as exercise goes: How many calories do you burn when you exercise and do you eat those calories back? If you are doing mostly weight training, your increased weight could be due to more muscle mass.

Make sure that your have MFP set to calculate your BMR correctly; check that your activity level is accurate. Make sure that you are tracking calories as accurately as possible. Measure out food if necessary, and don't forget to count any calories that you drink! Some people forget.

Wear the same clothes when you weigh yourself (or, preferably, wear nothing at all) and weigh yourself at the same time every week. Do it before breakfast.

Do you track your measurements as well? Those can be a more accurate measure of your fitness, especially since you exercise.
  • emmanuellelevy
    emmanuellelevy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    p
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5ish and cw of 136. Would like to get to about 127 but having a tough go of it. For those of you that are similar to me, how many calories do you eat? And feel free to add me if you have open diaries - I need ideas!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in a very similar situation to all you ladies in this thread. I've been in plateau pretty much since the new year (although it may not count as a true plateau because my weekends are a bit off). As of yesterday I'm switching to a TDEE/calorie cycling approach of 2000 on workout days and 1600 on rest days. Fingers crossed. Those last 5lbs really are the hardest. Although having said that my original goal was 62kg, then 60kg and now 58kg.

Age 26
    Height 167cm (5'5.75")
    SW 68kg (150lbs)
    CW 60kg (132lbs)
    GW 58kg (128lbs)

I do a mixture of cardio (australian football, boxing, cycling, HIIT) and weights
  • AbbyPDX
    AbbyPDX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Me too, me too!
    CW: 134
    GW: 120-125

At my lowest (when I started working out in college and assorted times when I wasn't working and had a very active lifestyle) I was 118. It used to be I'd just cut calories and work out a bit more and bam, the lbs would melt off. Since hitting 35 that is noooottt the case anymore. I work out in a crossfit style/functional fitness type gym for usually 1 hour, 5 days a week. I often add a 10-20 minute run before or after that. Yesterday I ran to the gym (2.3 miles). I'm working on lowering my calorie intake on the days I don't work out (never paid much attention to that before) and having faith in my TDEE (I've always felt I need to go down to 1200 to lose but from everything I'm reading on this site, very few people are doing that).

If anyone has figured out their TDEE and it's working for them (at this body type) I'd love to hear from them and what they've learned. I also have some hormonal issues which surely have come in to play but I'm bound and determined that they will not control me! Ha. Keep at it, ladies!
  • AbbyPDX
    Options
    It might be because you're already at a pretty low weight and your body doesn't want to lose any more :-) I was 117 for many years and worked out and ate right and it just got to a point where my body stopped and said, "that's it! Here's where you will reside!". 112 is pretty little for someone of your height so maybe just keep that focus on increasing muscle and happily wear your bikini in your hot bod!
  • AbbyPDX
    Options
    Hi - Maybe someone can help me, I'm 5'1 - and about 112 lbs - but my ideal weight is 100-102 lbs - When I eat, it goes directly to my stomach and *kitten* (i feel like i'm the shape of a pear) - and the `pants test` failed ; I just don't feel comfortable in my cloths anymore - My goal is to lose 1 lbs a week (or slightly less) - I need to lose the 10 lbs by June 1st - and the more I exercise, the more I gain (it might be a combination of muscle weight), but I doubt it, since the pants don't fit anymore - Why is MFP not letting me lose more than 0.5 lbs per week, even when I set my goal to 1lbs?

It might be because you're already at a pretty low weight and your body doesn't want to lose any more :-) I was 117 for many years and worked out and ate right and it just got to a point where my body stopped and said, "that's it! Here's where you will reside!". 112 is pretty little for someone of your height so maybe just keep that focus on increasing muscle and happily wear your bikini in your hot bod!
  • AbbyPDX
    Options
    Hey everyone,

So I'm 137 pounds and I am hoping to be 125 by sometime this summer (before July would be awesome). My short-term goals are around 135 in two weeks (when I'm going on a big trip where I know I'm not going to worry about this), Around 130 by May 11th (When I see my dad and go on another trip with him), and around 125 by July 2nd. Then, I want to work long-term to hover between 125 and 120.

I am a runner and get my exercising running 45 minutes a day, with some core/arms/legs when I feel like it. I really hate doing muscle work, so I run because that's the only exercise I can stick with.

Does anyone have similar goals and want to join me? I'd love some more friends to hold me accountable. I know it's going to be hard (I've never lost this weight in my life, so it's pretty glued on), so I need all the help I can get.

Hope someone wants to help. :)

Honestly I'm always a bit jealous of people who have never lost weight and are bound and determined to do so. I think your body is way more forgiving to the small changes you make. Mine is used to fluctuating 10 lbs (over 20 years) so it gets a little testy with me when I try to cut calories or work out more, etc. It basically says, "Oh really? That's it? What else you got?".

I think one key will be to find some sort of exercise you really love. Running is great but you're body gets used to it. Is there a climbing gym near you? When I started rock climbing I dropped 10 lbs in no time. I now do a crossfit style gym that's very fast past and all planned out for you. It's like a gym class from grade school for adults but you get your butt whooped. I actually look forward to going. So that would probably be a key.

Other than that, for me I continue to search for the right calorie count for my body (have only recently started). It used to be pretty low calorie (1200 or so) combined with a lot of running and weights. That doesn't work anymore. That's why I'm here to see what everyone else is doing that's worked for them. Good luck and let me know if you need any work out support!
  • shellsway2003
    Options
    I am 5"6 I weigh 130 lbs, I too would like to see 125, but if one more person tells me I am too skinny I am going to freak!
    I absolutely believe in weights/strength mixed with cardio, I have lost 32 lbs in 8 months, I just want those last 5 vanity lbs off but I refuse to go below 1200 calories a day, so with saying that, lean proteins, dark veggies, and fruits as well and don't forget to hydrate I do Zumba 3 days a week, and treadmill with strength and floor exercise 3 days a week 1 day off! :)