Healthy Choices

Options
KarmelMocha
KarmelMocha Posts: 17 Member
Posh morning Everyone :flowerforyou:

Keep it positive and healthy choices! We're in this 2 gether & we'll lose the "tummy" in a healthy manner...#TeamFitness:drinker:

Replies

• notsolovely
    Options
    Good morning! yes we will get rid of our tummy together!
  • pinksarahjane
    pinksarahjane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    morning we can all do this :)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Ready to have a healthy day. Also starting the 21 day No Junk Food Challenge. Anyone else want to try with me? Just 3 weeks...
  • notsolovely
    Options
    I will try the no junk food challenge with u! Even though I feel that might be a bad thing because when I dnt have cake or something similar for a while, I way over eat it when I do get it
  • KarmelMocha
    Options
    Good evening, I would love to! Please share the details.
  • sweetdianachka
    Options
    Yay! Great to have people join me.

OK, so I just want to be clear that I am not against treating yourself every now and then, and I strongly believe that you can't go on a diet and restrict yourself completely because you will just put all that weight back on eventually. But, I decided to take this challenge to push myself to find other foods that will satisfy me that are not "junk." I tend to reward myself with food, so cutting those type of things out for just 3 weeks might help me to reward myself with other things, like a massage or getting my nails done or catching up on great tv shows i like to watch. Basically im trying to break bad habits. Also, I find that when I'm around junk food (which we all are inevitably) I tend to just eat it mindlessly and even though I may log it, when I look at my cals for the day I tend to regret wasting them on things like cake and chocolate just because they happened to be sitting around at my office.

So, without further ado...

34h8aie.jpg

OK and the only beef I have is I don't consider peanut butter "naughty" and I don't think nutella is necessarily a junk food. Plus, who is to decide what spreads are "naughty" and which are not? Cream cheese? Laughing cow? soft cheeses? Whatever.

Either way, I rarely eat peanut butter and nutella anyways, I often can go for weeks at a time without eating either. But out of principle, i'm ignoring that line.
  • sweetdianachka
    Options
    So today was day 2.

I had a fiberone 90 calorie brownie and a 60 calorie cup of hot chocolate from the keurig. Not sure if that's cheating? I feel like I sort of adhered to the spirit of the challenge, especially since my husband was eating ice cream. Not going to stress too much about it!

Good luck guys!
  • KarmelMocha
    Options
    Thx for the "target" list of foods to avoid! i will definately begin 4/1/13 via I need to get discipline with my walking for the next couple of weeks and then I will build from there with the 21 days of no junk food, I luv it. Again, thanks!
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Ive been doing ALRIGHT on the no junk food challenge. But I did have two small cubes of fudge today to get my chocolate craving away from me! Other then that, im good. Im even avoiding salt
  • sweetdianachka
    Options
    Way to go! It is difficult, but I find that even if you cheat just a little bit, it is waay less than what I'd normally allow myself to eat. At work, I still have a bag of hershey's hearts left over from vday. I started a thing where if I feel like I want to have one, I'll offer them to my coworkers. Makes me feel a little better sharing with them, and slowly I'll make my way through the bag without having to eat them!
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Cheating a little is fine, I think necause u dnt want to over do it when u do have chocolate or junk food lol.
    Sharing your candy is a good idea, have them the calories and sugar you don't want lol.