13.2 Workout

Options

Replies

• DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have to say I was totally psyched to see that they would accept step ups as part of this WOD. I'm decent when it comes to box jumps, but when there are so many in such a short time frame, I knew I would get winded quick and slow down significantly. I jumped my first round and half of my second and then switched to step ups. Over all I dont think I lost too much time there since I found a good rhythm and kept a consistent pace with each step.

I felt strong during the first 2 rounds of the 75lb OH, but definitely felt my shoulders starting to go weak on the rest...The deadlifts were cake - I feel like I breezed through them.

I ended up with a score of 183 (6 rounds plus 3 OH press), but I think I'm going to try it again on Saturday. If I beat my score, awesome - If not, I'm still pretty happy with 183.

Oh and dont forget for the OH press you can also try the push jerk, which may help get the weight overhead easier by getting your entire body underneath it....
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I got 209 RX'd...one box jump from 7 rounds.
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just as I suspected, I scored a zero because I could not get that 75lbs. over my head and locked out. So discouraging. I did manage to get one up there (a test run before the WOD), which was a PR for me... so at least there was a little bit of good news today.

Big fat zero here too but you know what - I got a PR as well! Way to go!

I got a 55lb PR for the OH, but did the WOD at 45lbs, because I could barely get that 55 up. I worked the WOD with 2 bars and did the rest at RX. Didn't jump the box - but neither did anyone else. My final score officially for the games is zero, but scaled it was 165. It was a great workout and I'm SO proud of the effort I gave it.

Great work everyone - I love seeing all the hard work folks are putting in and the encouragement here is just awesome!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    I see a lot of videos submitted and counted on youtube that shouldn't be counted. Not locking hips and knees on box jumps, not bringing shoulders back and locking hips forward and bouncing the bar on deadlifts. Not bring head though on overheads either.

Just sayin... If you are certified to instruct and you let bad form count then that doesn't say much for how you got certified.
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of videos submitted and counted on youtube that shouldn't be counted. Not locking hips and knees on box jumps, not bringing shoulders back and locking hips forward and bouncing the bar on deadlifts. Not bring head though on overheads either.

Just sayin... If you are certified to instruct and you let bad form count then that doesn't say much for how you got certified.

AMEN! I think Annie's judge needed his head examined (I'm thinking that is one of the ones you are referring to?). I haven't seen many you tube ones but was watching Annie and Lindsey earlier.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    can I tell you how happy I am they accepted stepups? I won't do high box jumps since I had my achilles surgery.

got 5 rounds + 17 reps. Pushpress was easy, deadlifts were mediocre, but the stepups take a lot out of you. For those that are still planning on doing the WOD - remember to use your arms as momentum if you are doing stepups. I kept watching people keeping their arms straight down or on their hips last night - what a waste of added help getting on top of that box - SWING THOSE ARMS! every little bit helps
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    can I tell you how happy I am they accepted stepups? I won't do high box jumps since I had my achilles surgery.

got 5 rounds + 17 reps. Pushpress was easy, deadlifts were mediocre, but the stepups take a lot out of you. For those that are still planning on doing the WOD - remember to use your arms as momentum if you are doing stepups. I kept watching people keeping their arms straight down or on their hips last night - what a waste of added help getting on top of that box - SWING THOSE ARMS! every little bit helps

I watched a guy do the open last night and he jumped every time and I did it and just stepped up on the box. I was much faster because I didn't wear my legs out.
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    Since I'm not doing the Games, I got scaled for the OHs @ 53 lbs (a new max for me). Everything else was at RX. I finished 143 reps. I wish I'd made it through my last 7 box jumps for an even 5 rounds. I may try this one again Sunday.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I watched a guy do the open last night and he jumped every time and I did it and just stepped up on the box. I was much faster because I didn't wear my legs out.

idk about step ups - i think they're actually harder for me becasue i have the bum knee, so i felt more comfortable with the jump for some reason. either way - it was fun and this is cool seeing how everyone did :) great job on the WOD - wow for you!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Scaled down to 65lbs, but I am happy. 5 rounds plus 3 presses. Presses were really tough for me, deadlifts easy peasy. Box jumps turned into step ups during round 3.
  • jlcuster
    jlcuster Posts: 22
    Options
    We did a modified 13.2 this morning. The guys used a 20" box instead of 24" and only 40 kg instead of 115 lbs. I got 197 reps. It was more than I thought I would get. Someone after said, "Yeah, the deadlifts were when you rested!"
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Did 13.2 this afternoon, my score was 274 (9 rounds + 4 push press). I surprised myself by getting 9 rounds (goal was 8), now I can't decide it I want to go back and do it again tomorrow just to see if 10 is possible. My calves will probably tell me otherwise tomorrow :) Great job everyone!
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    251 reps. Yay, so much better then 13.1.

Alysa521 awesome score!!✅

I've been a little quiet on here for a while. Nice to see some new members, send me a friend request if you are a CrossFitter who is looking for motivation and support.
  • julieofarc
    julieofarc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Totally jazzed with my 151.... Previous press max of 65#, thought I might get 2-3 rounds because of the shoulder to overhead. Learning so much about myself and the people in my box through this process.

Congrats to everyone on their score and/or attempt. Fuel for next year! :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Completed 13.2 on Friday and was *kinda* disappointed with my 204 reps @ Rx. Was hoping for closer to 220....

I did have a very heavy workout on Wednesday that pretty much destroyed both my shoulders and legs, but c'est la vie!

On to 13.3!!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Totally jazzed with my 151.... Previous press max of 65#, thought I might get 2-3 rounds because of the shoulder to overhead. Learning so much about myself and the people in my box through this process.

Congrats to everyone on their score and/or attempt. Fuel for next year! :)

This is excellent!!!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    RXd at 178 reps. So out of metcon shape.

Great job everyone who did the WOD!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Awesome scores!
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    184 here...and thank goodness we got to do step ups. Box jumps are hard for me, so I did a total of 15 box jumps (the entire first round) and from that point on, I did the step ups. Great job everyone. Be proud of what you acheive. You're only competing against yourself. :smile: