Anyone having problems?

Options
jez4ever
jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
The group message board is a great way to talk about issues or concerns that you might be having. Let us know so we can all discuss, give advice, and help motivate one another.

Bring IT/KEEEEEP DIGGGING!!!

Replies

• Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The group message board is a great way to talk about issues or concerns that you might be having. Let us know so we can all discuss, give advice, and help motivate one another.

Bring IT/KEEEEEP DIGGGING!!!

Hey Buddy, I am week 5 into the program, I love it, Yoga is the most challenging for me, but I must keep on doing it, the only way I will get better.

Taking my 1st 30 days pictures this Sunday!
  • jez4ever
    Options
    Nice, Way to get through the first 30! Yes, yoga is tough for me too. I am not flexible at all and it is more time consuming. However, I always feel so much better after doing it (yet, for some reason, I still have to force myself everytime).
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So I was doing great with Insanity. I finished 4 weeks, then the recovery week. I've lost weight and inches and gotten stronger and fitter.

On Monday, i was to start Month 2. I did the fit test, but didn't really feel great. I thought I was dehydrated and took a break to hydrate and drink some protein. I waited and tried to start the Max Circuit DVD. I had to keep stopping and was getting mad at myself for not being able to keep going.

Eventually, during a plank/push up move, I blacked out. Turns out, I had a GI bug and started vomiting and had a fever until today.

My question now is...do I try to do this intense workout tomorrow if I think I feel better? Or should I just take the rest of the week off to feel better, do a lighter workout and start up again on Monday?

Does it really matter? What would you do? I'm afraid that waiting will find me too deconditioned to start month 2, but trying too early will lead to a crappy workout. Is it better to try or wait- opinions from those who have done the whole workout and have some perspective would be helpful...

Thanks in advance.
  • jez4ever
    Options
    So I was doing great with Insanity. I finished 4 weeks, then the recovery week. I've lost weight and inches and gotten stronger and fitter.

On Monday, i was to start Month 2. I did the fit test, but didn't really feel great. I thought I was dehydrated and took a break to hydrate and drink some protein. I waited and tried to start the Max Circuit DVD. I had to keep stopping and was getting mad at myself for not being able to keep going.

Eventually, during a plank/push up move, I blacked out. Turns out, I had a GI bug and started vomiting and had a fever until today.

My question now is...do I try to do this intense workout tomorrow if I think I feel better? Or should I just take the rest of the week off to feel better, do a lighter workout and start up again on Monday?

Does it really matter? What would you do? I'm afraid that waiting will find me too deconditioned to start month 2, but trying too early will lead to a crappy workout. Is it better to try or wait- opinions from those who have done the whole workout and have some perspective would be helpful...

Thanks in advance.
    I would definitely listen to your body and only you know how hard you can push yourself. Keep in mind of course BB is all about pushing yourself more than you thought you could anyway. With that said...if you've been sick, you may want to make sure you are fully healthy until you continue at the same level. I would atleast try to do some exercise so you don't get too far behind when you start back up again...if possible. Personally, I got sick with the flu my final week (I had to stop cold turkey for 3 days straight) It sucks!!! getting sick when trying so hard to complete a program, so I feel your pain. Good luck!
  • godsownlottery
    Options
    I'm quite new to Insanity, I have just completed day 4.... Now was it just me, or does anyone else have problems motivating themselves to complete Cardio Recovery? I spent half my time trying to stay on my feet, and was getting frustrated that i couldn't get my balance - I suppose it all come with practice??
  • jez4ever
    Options
    I'm quite new to Insanity, I have just completed day 4.... Now was it just me, or does anyone else have problems motivating themselves to complete Cardio Recovery? I spent half my time trying to stay on my feet, and was getting frustrated that i couldn't get my balance - I suppose it all come with practice??
    lol, yes it gets better with practice. My balance isn't so good. One thing that really helped me was concentrating on squeezing my abs or as Shaun T says a lot...lift with your abs or something like that. Easier said than done, but to me when my balance is a problem with any of the Insanity exercises, I concentrate on using my abs more and it seems a little easier to stay balanced.

Hope that helps.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling myself. I will not give up though. I finished Week 1 Day 6 this morning, today was day 2 of physically getting sick after the workout. I'm thinking I am pushing too hard and my HR is getting up too hight (185-188 at some points). So on future workouts I will still push through, but I will have to modify some things so that I am not getting sick. I don't like feeling awful for 3 hours after the workout.

Anyone else had this happen?
  • Arlene03431
    Arlene03431 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So far so good. Sore as all get out.. Day 2 today. I am expecting it to be hideous,and I hope I can just finish!!!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Day 10 here. Gained 5 pounds but I'm ok with that. I know it will even itself out. I feel so freakin awesome. Look forward to the next workout. I'm doing it with my 17 year old daughter and i'm pushing harder than she is. I did not take before pics at the onset. I think I will do that soon. So glad I pushed play