Registry???

Options
ElvisBaby88
ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
So I am a Black Eye Susan who just set a date and booked a venue, and I started a registry last night. I had NO clue how difficult/fun it could be! Curious as to what some of you asked for on your registry? I put a few "big ticket" items on my list but mostly things were Under $50-up to-$100. For those of you who have already done one, what are some tips???

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    We haven't done our registry yet. I don't really have any tips either. But what we are going to do are put things on the list things that we don't necessarily NEED, but would really like to have. Actually most of the things that we are going to put on there are going to be VERY useful. Things that we basically really want to make our lives easier, but we could easily live without.

For instance: I REALLY REALLY want a mixer. Like one of those big mixers so that I can bake easier. I also REALLY want a new vacuum, I HATE the one we have. A bigger coffee pot would be nice, as ours only holds 5 cups, and on the weekends when my fiance is home, we often make 2, and when we have guests 3-4 can be made. I would like a better mixer, and I would love a juicer.

So things like those, that aren't really NEEDED, but we would both love to have. I'd rather have people get us something we could use. And most of that stuff can be bought at a decent price, too. But that's just what we plan on doing. :)
  • michiganmanda
    michiganmanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We're actually about to leave and make ours right now. I'll let you know how it goes. Could be interesting because I made this big idea list over the past week or so and FH keeps saying "I don't know what I want, I'll know it when i see it....

We already live together so we have a ton of the stuff people who don't register for just because they don't have 3 bath mats, or pots and pans ect.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I did one for my first wedding and we did one for this wedding as well, though it's much smaller. We live together already and both have a house full of stuff from before when we were married.

Put a wide variety of things on there at different price points. Put things that need replacing--sheets, towels, etc.

We registered for new silverware, a new pancake turner (I broke ours lol), some new sheets and towels. A few new baking items, and the biggest was probably a Keurig at $120.
  • michiganmanda
    Options
    What is a pancake turner?
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a registry for first wedding. Won't have one for this wedding.

Truthfully, we need no household items.
    We'll be moving out my home so I am not buying anything for the house.

I'm not expecting any gifts... because it's my second wedding and his second wedding.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Some people call it a spatula (but that's rubber and flexible) or a 'flipper'.
  • michiganmanda
    Options
    LOL. I've never heard it called anything but a spatula. What region are you in?