After the Shred

Options
Hi all,

I've another two weeks before I finish shredding but wondered if anyone had any ideas about what they will do for exercise afterwards?

This is my second time around with the shred and like the first time I'm losing no weight while doing it, just a bit of inch loss. So I was thinking afterwards of maybe mixing up another of Jillian's DVDs (say 3 times a week) with maybe cardio 3 times a week with a rest day on the other day.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Plus I'd welcome feedback from anyone who does manage to lose weight while shredding. Cos I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong in that respect.

Thanks!

Replies

• EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Doing well by Jillian, thinking about Ripped in 30 and C25k, as I love running in the early morning spring/summer, bu would like to be a few pounds lighter to make it easier on my knees. I was also thinking about checking into Jillian's Body Revolution or Turbo Fire for a 90 day push to get to summer (and into a cute bathing suit!!) I dont think I'm ready for Insanity or P90X. Though all those programs are a big investment, and I don't know which is better! I guess the one you like doing, so you keep up with it, right? :smile:
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm definitely going to do 30 day ripped, but again it's going to take me more like 45 days with tennis days built in. I'll also plan on doing 30DS again with heavier weights maybe. I'll also be going on way more walks with the weather improving.

I have lost weight this month, but I can't point it all to 30DS. I also started eating more like 1850 calories and my body seems to be VERY happy because I'm waking up very early (have loads of energy) and I'm losing some weight. So not sure what to attribute my loss to, but am going to keep doing both - Jillian and eating more!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I was searching for the same information about "after the shred"...and I found where she advises you continue maybe 3 times a week. I figure each level once a week might keep the strength and toning in place and build those. Good question to bring up!
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I was probably going to do some different DVDs about 5 times a week and have 2 off rest days or light cardio days

So like Day 1 : Killer Buns and Thighs
    Day 2: 6 week 6 pack
    Day 3: Break
    Day 4: 30DS
    Day 5: Upper Body Weightlifting or TRX
    Day 6: Yoga Meltdown
    Day 7: Break

That's probably not the exact circuit that I will do but something like that where I get to mix and match my DVDs up to hit all the parts of my body and keep building up muscle.

The other option I was considering is just going straight in to Ripped in 30 and seeing how that worked out.
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    I will be doing Ripped in 30 in April. After that I am planning on mixing up various Jillian's DVDs. I also like the idea of repeating 30DS some time later with heavier weights.
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in doing something!!! This was great have such support and accountability it made working out fun!!! I definitely want to do 2 days jillian, 1 day cardio, repeat, then break too!!! I'm debating between ripped in 30 or 6 week 6 pack!!! I will probably follow what most of you are going to do!! Are we going to start another group?? We just need a jillian group!! Lol
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It would be good to still have a Jillian group! Maybe we could mix and match her dvds and people could still post each day to compare notes and share the pain!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I will be doing Ripped in 30 in April. After that I am planning on mixing up various Jillian's DVDs. I also like the idea of repeating 30DS some time later with heavier weights.

That's what I did after my frist round with the Shred. I did RI30. It took me a bit longer than the Shred, but the results were quite impressive:
    This is me before and after the shred (all pics in underwear so I'm showing you just this one).

por4zzd.png

And this is me after the Shred AND Ripped in 30.
    okienko.png
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have JM's Killer Buns and Thighs, 6 Week six pack, and Extreme Shed and Shred. I'm thinking of diving into buns and thighs and maybe mixing in the others here and there. But WILL continue to get my butt up everyday to exercise!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It would be good to still have a Jillian group! Maybe we could mix and match her dvds and people could still post each day to compare notes and share the pain!

I love the idea of a Jillian group...count me in!!
  • Heidi_20
    Options

LOVE it!!! Count me in!!!!!
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do this rotation:

http://how-do-it.info/Jillian_Michaels_Rotationstarting_this_tomorrowDoing_all_30_Day_Shred_days/

It uses Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones and 30 Day Shred. I want to try some of her other dvds like Ripped in 30, etc. But I don't have them so figure might as well use some of the videos I own first. Plus I have some Bob Harper ones so I'll probably do this Jillian rotation and then do a Bob one.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options

I've just recently aquired a PILE of her videos. Count me in. We can call it "Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable" :laugh:
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I like this idea too, I have Ripped in 30 to try.
    I also just got Turbo Fire...but I am not sure about it.
    There is also Jillian's 90 day body revolution which I think is her take on a P90X, Insanity, TurboFire Program.
    Would love to be a part of the group though!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just checked and there's already a group called "The Ultimate Jillian Michaels Challenge" which is for people doing any or a combination of her videos and the timescale appears to be open ended. I have just joined up, would be great if others joined too!
  • Heidi_20
    Options

I've just recently aquired a PILE of her videos. Count me in. We can call it "Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable" :laugh:

Awesome name!!!! I think this is what our group should be called!!!! We can all join in!!! How do we make the group???
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just checked and there's already a group called "The Ultimate Jillian Michaels Challenge" which is for people doing any or a combination of her videos and the timescale appears to be open ended. I have just joined up, would be great if others joined too!

I joined!
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing, I LOVE my routine of getting you before work every day with this shred but there are for sure mornings where I would stay in bed if I were not trying to keep up with everyone haha... I have the Ripped in 30 video as well as the 6 week 6 pack so I am thinking of doing 2-3 days a week abs and 3-4 days a week ripped and seeing how that goes. I would love if we made a group once this was done to keep accountable and keep motivated.
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    Ii just joined too. Took today off - going back tomorrow to level 2 :)
  • Thenewme31
    Thenewme31 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think I will do Ripped in 30 then after that I will move on to either the Body Revolution OR I will move on to Insanity if I'm ready by then. Right now I'm doing the Shred with C25K program.