At home workout ideas

Options
mikehart164
mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
Do This Program 3 Times a Week with At least 24 hours rest in between sessions. Combine with cardiovascular exercise 30 minutes a day and a predominately clean diet and see that stomach start to flatten and those abs begin to appear.

Circuit (Compete All Exercises in a Row with no rest and then take a 2 minute rest after completing all exercises and then repeat the entire circuit 3 Times)

Plank w/ Knee Taps. 30 Taps to each leg.
Side Plank - Hold for 45 seconds on each side.
Bicycle Crunch - 25 on each side
Seated Oblique Twist.

In a perfect world this program is best done at the end of a Cardio Session when the abdominals are the most warmed up this will allow for optimum blood flow. I would recommend a small meal about an hour and a half prior to this workout as well. (Protein Shake & Apple is a great option)

*Drink at least 60-130 oz of water a day this will allow toxins to flush out of the system.

Until the next time; Stay Positive Readers.

Replies

• awkwardpear
    awkwardpear Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are interested, there are plenty of online resources with sample workout routines that can mostly be done at home. A few that come to mind are Fitness.com, Nerdfitness.com, and the YouTube channel BeFit.

Mike, maybe you can weigh in on what you think of these sources. :)
  • mikehart164
    Options
    I totally agree they are good sources for ideas of things to do at home. As an in home private personal trainer I generally provide my clients with the guidance to do it on their own but since I cannot currently interact one on one with any of you I believe they are great options AKWARDPEAR =P
  • phyl88
    phyl88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mike, how many times for the seated oblique twists?
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HASFIT videos!
  • mikehart164
    Options
    Oblique twists until you start to BURN a little!! Don't over do it 25 is a good starting point to each side!!
  • Overcomer7737
    Overcomer7737 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    MIke,

My name is Pam. Do you have any recommendations for those who are physically challenged? I've just entered Physical Therapy and see a Chiropractor. I am unable to stand more than 10*15 min/at a time, or walk more than about the same amount of time w/o having to stop due to pain and weakness in low back, heels and left hip. So right now, my cardio is walking up my 9 stairs to my apartment 1*2 X day. Other time is spent in recliner recovering from those 10*15 min of standing or walking. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for putting this group together and I'm so looking forward to this. ! Blessings, Pam:)
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've got a Pilates machine. If you can lay down flat with your head raised a little, it's a great workout. I have issues from time to time with my feet & this machine really helps. Yoga is great too!
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I need to do this but honestly I hate it.. I can survive on a tradmill for 60minutes but cant do workoutsl like this... this is my issue :-( help!!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,341 Member
    Options
    Circuit (Compete All Exercises in a Row with no rest and then take a 2 minute rest after completing all exercises and then repeat the entire circuit 3 Times)

Seated Oblique Twist. (30 twists)

I did these Sat - 03/16...and Mon - 03/18...and I will do them on Wed 03/20.

:tongue: Chris
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I tried this today and it was tough.

A quick question Mike, is 30 ds considered strength training? I know since I've been doing it (5 weeks now) that I feel stronger and that my stamina is greater, but is this dvd enough?

ps I walk 30 - 60 mins a day aswell
  • mikehart164
    Options
    Good job CHRIS

I did these Sat - 03/16...and Mon - 03/18...and I will do them on Wed 03/20.

:tongue: Chris
  • mikehart164
    Options
    So start with 1 circuit a day and work your way up. As you progress you may find that you start liking it more. I run into lots of people that hate the cardio but love the bodyweight stuff. Also you can try adding a few exercise to the end of each cardio session and just do two different exercises each time so you can slowly strengthen the entire body =)
    I need to do this but honestly I hate it.. I can survive on a tradmill for 60minutes but cant do workoutsl like this... this is my issue :-( help!!
  • mikehart164
    Options
    At home Bullet Proof Workout

Tools : Yoga Mat, Chair against Wall, Steps, Water, Soup Cans or Dumbbells

1. Step Up 15 each leg
    2. Chair Dip 15
    3. Reverse Curl to Overhead Press 15
    4. Bent Over Row 15
    5. Chair Squats (Sit Down Stand Up) 15
    6. Crunch 15
    7. Plank - Hold as long as you can
    8. Floor Chest Press 15

Do each exercise 3 sets Reps (except Plank) as a circuit Rest 5 minutes after each circuit. Google all exercises or you tube.

A nice way to start or squeeze in a workout when all else Fails.
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Will do ... I will kep you posted on my progress!!!
  • pszentmariaybrooks
    Options
    Thanks Mike
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am doing an ab challenge this month and we do alot of the exercises you mentioned Mike. Also I found this on you tube with Jillian Michaels with some standing ab exercises they work great....and not to long!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zI5EoiYi1c
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    whats a good workout routine to tone arms? I only have hand weights right now and been thinking of getting kettleball do you think its something good to have?
  • Overcomer7737
    Overcomer7737 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is in my mind's eye...it's a goal!!! Hopefully, within the next 6 months. Thanks for all the work you put into this Mike...You're a great guy!!
  • mikehart164
    Options
    Kettle balls rock would highly recommend. Bands and dumbbells are my favorite for toning arms
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,341 Member
    Options

I did these Sat - 03/16...and Mon - 03/18...and on Wed 03/20. DONE! DONE! and DONE!

tongue Chris