OMG! I cried! NSV!

Options
13turtles
13turtles Posts: 183 Member
Today a friend invited my husband and I for coffee. I had tea. This friend (who is a size 2) has not seen me since just after my surgery three months ago. I just got a new haircut as well, so when she saw me, the overall effect was pretty startling. It was great to see her and her enthusiastic response to my new body would have been enough, but we meet up at the halfway point between our homes which is at an outlet mall. She, of course, was interested in shopping so we went. I have always admired some of the clothes that she has worn, but of course, my options have been Lane Bryant, Avenue, and Dress Barn.

Today we stopped at The Loft, and I saw an orange dress that I really liked. She encouraged me to try it on, and I deferred knowing that it would NEVER fit. My husband also encourage me to at least see how close I was to the XL (the biggest size at The Loft), so I could get a better of where I am size wise. I decided it couldn't hurt, so off to the dressing room I went, silently hoping that I could fit it over my hips and not tear the material.

Well, I came out of the dressing room in tears, not because it looked bad, but because it fit! It was even a little big! I was speechless! An XL fit me? I do realize that each store is different and not all XL's will fit, but it was amazing to go into a regular size store, get something off the rack, and be able to get into it.

Since it is a spring dress I bought the large. By the time it is the right weather to wear, it will be the right size. I'm just hoping that it's not to big by then!

I am still smiling! :happy:

Replies

• healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    that is awesome...maybe it will work for Easter!!
  • jamers1949
    Options
    Sure is a cool feeling,for sure! I have been taking a lot of clothes to Thrift store and buying stuff that I have not been able to wear for years!! Congrats to you!
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful NSV!! Congrats!
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sweet NSV!!!! Very proud for you!!! :bigsmile:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great NSV! I still am amazed when I go shopping for clothes. I was at Kohls Saturday since I had 2 $10 off coupons on anything and didn't want to not use them. Found some vneck tshirts for this summer. Looked at the Med and thought those will be too tight. Tried them on and they fit and are kinda loose! I still can't wrap my head around me wearing Small or Med tops and size 6 pants! Crazy!
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That's beautiful and I'm so so happy for you.
    Your post really made my day
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you shared your story and know you'll have many more great NSVs related to shopping in the future. I remember that day for me, it was a Banana Republic and I too cried. My husband got me the dress I cried over for Christmas... and now it's a couple sizes too big so I have to have it tailored.
  • smokeywolf57
    Options
    YEA!!! :happy:
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yay. But in my opinion, keep the tags on lol. I have done that too and then by the time I think I'm ready to wear it, tada its either too big or I only get to wear it a handful of times before its too big LOL. I cant tell you how often I end up returning items I buy and put away because of this reason. :happy: Enjoy!!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    that is FAB,now DON'T go buying to mush(no really) they will be off you faster than you can get them home! :drinker:
    so remenmber wait for it.....save those pennys and go on one huge shopping spree in dec you should have slowed down by then x
    good luck and heres to the next size down x
  • x0xRebeccax0x
    x0xRebeccax0x Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!!!!!! Congratulations! I would cry too! :)
  • pal00ga
    pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I always shop at Thrift Stores or Ebay since sizes change quickly. I still tear up a bit on Ebay when I catch myself narrowing the search to plus sizes and then realizing I'm no longer a 'plus size'.
  • authormarieskye
    authormarieskye Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love stories like these. I bet you looked beautiful!!
  • hockeywife91
    hockeywife91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post! Congrats! And I'm smiling with you!