Day 14 _ do you think your binging is emotional?

Day 14: Do you think your binging is emotional?

I pretty much answered this in Day 12's post, so apologies for the repitition...

My binging is definitely emotional. When I feel stressed or depressed, I automatically reach for food. I never used to binge. But over the past 6-12 months I've been under a lot of pressure, very stressed out, and feeling quite low. And it's probably no coincidence that I've only started binge eating over the this time.

Replies

• Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Day 14: Do you think your binging is emotional?

Yes, I do! I reach for the fridge and/or pantry when I am stressed, anxious depressed or bored. I too reach out for food when I am feeling any of the above feelings and once I get going, I cannot seem to stop my self until the food runs out or I feel sick.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    No, I don't. I really don't think there's anymore to it that I really enjoy food. And eating is fun for me. So when I'm sittIng around the house bored I start snacking. It's something to do...then once I taste that crap I dont want to stop...it's fun!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    No, I don't. I really don't think there's anymore to it that I really enjoy food. And eating is fun for me. So when I'm sittIng around the house bored I start snacking. It's something to do...then once I taste that crap I dont want to stop...it's fun!

That's pretty much my answer exactly too!
  • Thelxinoe
    Thelxinoe Posts: 32
    I think it's in part emotional, yes. It's a way to act out, a kind of comfort to make up for the stress and uncertainty that are part of my life. But I also like certain kinds of foods and simply enjoy consuming them. The only problem is, I enjoy them TOO much sometimes. :-)
  • It's emotional for sure. It's purely emotion/stress related.