favorite quick paleo/primal lunch besides leftovers?

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
Whats your fave quick paleo/primal meal besides leftovers!

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    1/2 avocado, cherry tomatoes and 3-4 oz of protein (rotisserie chicken normally).
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I eat a lot of sweet potatoes. Poke holes, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 6 minutes. Spread some ghee and you're set! Pair it with some fruit, or go lower carb with a spinach or kale salad. Very filling.
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A big ole Salmon or Tuna topped salad with Spring Mix, Grape Tomatoes, Cukes, Almonds or Sunflower seeds and Carrots. Topped with some Kens Steak House Rasberry Walnut Vinagrette or Annies Papaya Poppy Seed dressing.
  • szulbam
    szulbam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tuna, chopped celery, 1/2 avocado, and grape tomatoes
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Today I had chicken, cheese, avocado, peppers, onions, and cucumbers with taco seasoning, it was pretty good!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    If I don't have leftovers, I go to 2 packs of water packed tuna mixed with a whole avocado. I usually will have a pepper, salad, or some sort of veggie.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I often have a soup in the fridge(thai butternut squash with home roasted cashews and almonds).
    Soup is very easy and very filling.I would sometimes have half and avocado with the soup for an extra bit of fat.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've taken to steaming frozen haddock in the oven (in a glass baking dish) with a little olive oil, lemon, salt & pepper. from frozen it takes 10-15 minutes.

Also I sautee a bunch of greens (spinach or swiss chard) a couple of times a week and keep that in the fridge so I can portion some out to go with what ever protein I choose: either fish or grilled or baked chicken or red meat on the rare occasion.

for breakfast scrambled eggs with lots of greens (again spinach or swiss chard)

in a pinch I've had an apple with almond butter and that was pretty filling
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Salad with lots of veggies and a couple slices of bacon. I usually top it off with guacamole or homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
  • dwest1976
    dwest1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mix canned chicken with avocado and cayanne pepper and throw it on some greens. The Costco canned chicken in water is pretty good.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    tuna & avocado with some pepper , or salad with tuna or chicken on top
  • Lyndseed
    Lyndseed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If it's not leftovers, or reworked leftovers, it's probably this salad: Chicken (see below), hot sauce, baby spinach, red bell pepper, onion & a packet of wholly guacamole + whatever other veggies I have around.

When I find a good deal on chicken breasts/thighs... I go crazy, buy it up and broil/grill like 6 lbs. When it cools, slice it up, spread it out on a few cookie sheets and freeze it, then store it in a gallon sized freezer bag. Homemade heat & eat chicken for salads and stir fry :-) It's super convenient for lunch or busy weeknight meals.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    On the rare days I eat lunch, it's either a handful of nuts, can of tuna or some cottage cheese and berries. It takes only about five to six minutes to nuke a sweet potato in the microwave and slather it with butter and a dash of cinnamon.

Sometimes I'll have some sushi prepped the night before - but I can hardly call that "quick".
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I like a big green salad with whatever protein is hanging around. I usually eat half an avocado at that meal as well. I've also enjoyed lettuce wrapped burgers at lunch. Eggs and bacon is nice, and I often make my eggs and bacon into some sort of salad.
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    if you've got a good deli nearby, I love to do meat roll ups stuffed with raw/undressed broccoli slaw (or any veggies you have lying around) and dipped in mayo or mustard or dressing.
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Salad here, too! Either a big green salad with leftover chicken or ham, ranch dressing or olive oil/apple cider vinegar, or tuna or salmon salad mixed with mayo/celery/onion/chopped avocado.