Protein Shake?

Options
I've had a hugely busy day and have somehow managed to forget to eat. I've just had dinner and I will have some 0% Greek yoghurt in a bit but I'm going to struggle to eat my calories.

I've had 790 calories including the yoghurt yet to eat. I'm on a pure protein day.

I've got a tub of low carb protein shake in the cupboard. Is it allowable on Dukan?

Replies

• mcljess
    mcljess Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hmmm In the case of things not listed in the book I look at sugar and fat content. Nothing over 5 gm fat, and generally, if it has sugar I don't eat it right now. I'm in the cruise phase.
    J
  • ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Should have been ok then (I had it anyway in the end as I needed more calories badly).

The stats on it are:-

Usn - Igf-1 Pure Protein, 56 g
    Calories 203
    Net Carbs 0
    Carbs 2
    Fat 3
    Protein 40
    Sugar 1
    Fiber 2
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had the same issue when I was on Dukan, some days eating is just last on your to do list!
    I used the USN protein shake a lot when I was on the run, I made it with non fat milk and cold water. Even on dukan, our bodies just can't run on 700 cals a day, so I don't think its a bad thing. I followed Dukan very strictly otherwise, and I lost all my weight and kept it off for months. So I think you can, my opinion!
  • ForbiddenFruit
    Options
    Hi, I had the same issue when I was on Dukan, some days eating is just last on your to do list!
    I used the USN protein shake a lot when I was on the run, I made it with non fat milk and cold water. Even on dukan, our bodies just can't run on 700 cals a day, so I don't think its a bad thing. I followed Dukan very strictly otherwise, and I lost all my weight and kept it off for months. So I think you can, my opinion!

It's not something I'll do every day but I had to do something and was going to struggle to get what I needed via food.

I'm glad to hear you did so well on Dukan. I'm enjoying it and have lost 11lbs in the month since I started back on it (the first time got interrupted by a skiing holiday where it proved impossible to eat Dukan - not to mention the red wine lol). I lost 5lbs in the Attack phase and then another 2 but did my typical thing of getting stuck at half a stone (the number of times I've lost and put back on again the same 7lbs is unbelievable. I seem to have broken that barrier now and stepped up the exercise now the weather is improving at last. The scales are showing a nice steady downward trend now. Still about 2 1/2 stone to go though lol
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Same with me, when I got stuck on the same weight for longer than a week, I would just double up on walking a couple of days... Also, lots and lots of green tea!

I'm pregnant so all the weight is creeping back slowly :-( but at least its not coz of bad eating! I really can tell you, if you follow all 4 steps of Dukan, the weight stays off! I was on 4th phase for months and gained nothing!

After baby I will really do Dukan again to lose baby weight!
  • ForbiddenFruit
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby :-)
  • Sayoh
    Sayoh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Same with me, when I got stuck on the same weight for longer than a week, I would just double up on walking a couple of days... Also, lots and lots of green tea!

I'm pregnant so all the weight is creeping back slowly :-( but at least its not coz of bad eating! I really can tell you, if you follow all 4 steps of Dukan, the weight stays off! I was on 4th phase for months and gained nothing!

After baby I will really do Dukan again to lose baby weight!

just starting the Dukan so i can get to a healthy weight pre-baby. Was a little worried that the change in diet might affect ovulation. Any light on this pls?