The Loss Train is Slowing

Options
aweigh2go
aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
Hoping you two can help me get the train moving full speed again...

Provide your stats (height/weight/age/bodyfat% if you know it/etc)
>>72"/241.5 lbs/ BF unknown

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average?
>>average of 1,877 over a 56 day period

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!)
>>117 g P/235 g C/ 52 g F

Do you use a food scale and measure everything?
>> 85% of the time

Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?)
>> No. I'd say there's about 5% that doesn't get logged

Do you take cheat days or days off?
>> I just try to fit it into my macros but not go over the daily caloric goal

How much weight have you lost so far and over what time period?
>> 10 lbs over 8 weeks

Describe your activity (exercise and non exercise) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months?
>> Desk job. walking to printer and bathroom is about it. I lift 3 days a week for 45 min to 1 hour and try to get in 2 hours of cardio (at about 80% MHR) during the week

How long have you been stalled and if it is not a complete stall please be very specific as to how much you have lost over the stalled period.
>> Been stuck at 241.5 for the last 2 weeks.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging to reply as soon as we can.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Tagging to follow
  • SideSteel
    Options
    There are some things I'd like to adjust, however I am wagering here that your logging inaccuracies are at some point going to become problematic.

I'm going to issue a challenge. Read this thread and in the next two weeks I'd like you to be as accurate and consistent as possible in your tracking. Come back in two weeks and I expect additional losses and we can also tweak your intake a bit. This step in accuracy is very important and should be an eye opener.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • aweigh2go
    Options
    Been almost 2 weeks and no loss (or gain). Tracking has improved. Maybe not 100% everyday but it has improved. Thinking of bumping intake up..... maybe to 2,400. Thoughts?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How much do you think you are not logging. What you do log, are you weighing all the non-liquid foods and measuring/weighing liquids?
  • aweigh2go
    Options
    I will admit that last weekend, I went off the deep end and didn't log much. Sunday was me planning the upcoming week.

But overall, I'd say that on the days I am not 100% accurate with my logging (I'd say twice in 10 days), there may be about 200-300 calories a day that don't get logged. But when I do log, I have started logging condiment packets, measuring peanut butter with a scale, logging all of the "quick bites" (those things which you mindlessly snack on and never log).

Curious if I am not eating enough because despite the missing items, I'd expect to lose SOMETHING!
  • SideSteel
    Options
    One of us will get to this shortly but I wouldn't increase intake given your circumstances.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Not that I can give much of a technical answer, but have you thought about just waiting it out a little more? I usually try to give it a month (at LEAST) before I re-examine things. Weight fluctuates hugely on a normal basis so two weeks wouldn't bother me at all. In fact, I am UP 4.4lbs over last week's weight currently. Water weight is a funny thing.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just following up to see how you are doing with your tracking and results.
This discussion has been closed.