Does anyone want to start with me next week??

Options

Replies

• fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Workout 2 done.
    Deadlift 65lbs
    lat pulldown 80lbs
    Shoulder press and lunges - 20lb dumbells

I'm a little sore from yesterday. I think I will stick to sunday, tuesday, thursday schedule. I'm also incorporating run/ walk interval training on Mon, wed, fri if life allows it :-)

Good luck!
  • acloern1985
    acloern1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OK so a bit of a dilemma that just appeared this morning. I had planned on having my routine be

M: Personal Trainer (Circuit Training)

T: Light Cardio

W: Rest

Thurs: NROLFW

Fri: Light Cardio

Sat: NROLFW

Sun: Rest

However, my personal trainer would like to start doing a larger group on M/W/F for an hour each and the price would be the same per month as the one time a week small group I'm doing...I really can't pass up the opportunity.

Any ideas how I can incorporate the two? I have a feeling one will have to knock the other out of contention :(

BTW the circuit training with my personal trainer uses *similar* exercises as NROLFW but its at a higher intensity and many more reps.
  • skrentz
    skrentz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in too. Been doing Stronglifts for quite some time now and was looking for a change since I was adding lifts anyway. I have the book and am looking through the beginning. I will rush through to the workouts to join you and start Tues. Then Tues. Thurs. Sat or sun. Friend me if you wish. I love the free weight room and am not afraid to try lifting more!!. Has anyone looked into the diet aspect, or are you just doing the workouts?
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I forgot my appointments this week! I had a dental cleaning today and tomorrow I get my birthday braces put on my teeth! This means I can't start until Wednesday.

Would it be too hard to do 3 days in a row? Weds-Fri?

I only have access to weights during the work week.
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just found this thread/group, and did my first workout today at lunch!! I'm not going to lie, it took me a while to figure out what the order was supposed to be of exercises- but once I figured it out, it was simple! I started with no idea of what I could lift, so probably the next workout will be a bit more weight. Well, actually, the next workout will be completely different- but the one after that.
    Anyway, feel free to add me! It's good to have support!
    Thanks!
    :drinker:
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    Hey! Started my first NROL today! I have been doing some weights already but it is nice to be on a legit program!!! Happy Lifting!! Oh, totally loved the jackknifes!!! Will be doing MWF and cardio TuTh :)
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I forgot my appointments this week! I had a dental cleaning today and tomorrow I get my birthday braces put on my teeth! This means I can't start until Wednesday.

:laugh:

I dont think it will be hard. Be prepare to be sore. I did the first two workouts back to back and I took a rest day today. When i started training in Jan I was doing 4 - 5 days a week. So Ive gotten used to something hurting all the time.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I dont think it will be hard. Be prepare to be sore. I did the first two workouts back to back and I took a rest day today. When i started training in Jan I was doing 4 - 5 days a week. So Ive gotten used to something hurting all the time.

He does recommend that you give yourself at least one rest day (i.e no lifting) though :) so your muscles have time to recover.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just started today too! I really like the program a lot but my problem is that my gym is planet fitness so I can't do dead lifts or squats there but in my bf's very yucky basement he has a barbell and other things so I did the first workout there in the semi-darkness among a lot of dust and dried up cat hairballs lol I need to get a stability ball and I should be all set! Oh and convince him to clean that place up since I'll be using it three times a week! I'm planning on doing MWF too.
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I started a new group - NROL4W - Spring 2013. This way we can all keep track of our progress together. I will try to send invites, but if I somehow miss you, please join us!
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Please invite me too ! I just started my 2nd week
  • juuniper77
    juuniper77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started a new group - NROL4W - Spring 2013. This way we can all keep track of our progress together. I will try to send invites, but if I somehow miss you, please join us!

Please invite me, i just started this week! workout number 2 tomorrow:)
  • jeannelawrie
    jeannelawrie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started today if it isn't too late to join, I'd love to be part of the group. I did my first workout and somehow managed to make sense of everything and got through it. A little nervous for a new workout on Monday, but feeling far more confident now that I survived the first one...
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too!
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Starting on Monday! Count me in!
  • looplooploop
    Options
    I'm starting this week too... I'd like to be part of the group!
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Check out our group - NROL4W - Spring 2013!
  • emafairycake1986
    emafairycake1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    meeeee .... im half way through the book :) x
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today!!! Monday, March 25. Excited.
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request IF you are an active MFPer. :)