Can NROL4W schedule be adjusted?

Options
grover0ca
grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
Looks like I will finally be able to join the gym (heavy weights..yeah!) this week and I am trying to figure out my plan to best utilize my time there. Right now it looks like I will be able to get there 2 days a week. Can the schedule of NROL4W be adjusted for only going two days a week? I have taekwondo and conditioning training 4 days a week and I can't drop those.

Would it more beneficial to find a workout routine that is meant for a twice a week? Upper/Lower or total body x2?
I'm open to suggestions!

Replies

• berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    From what I have read on these forums and JPFitness about NROL4W (I don't have the book and started the workouts today), you should do 2-3 times a week. That, to me, indicates that twice a week is fine, as long as they are nonconsecutive days :smile:

Would you mind telling me what weights you are using? I am trying to figure that out and think I wasn't doing near enough.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of women on here who do a Tu/Th schedule for NROL. I believe that he even mentions in the book that you can do a MWF or do the Tu/Th.

It's up to you. Stick with what you can do and be consistent. Good luck!
  • grover0ca
    Options
    thanks for the info! I hadn't bought the book because I wasn't sure if it would work for my schedule..now I will look into it more.

Right now at home we only have dumbells up to 20 pounds. No barbell.
  • lilvonne80
    lilvonne80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There are some women who do NROLFW two days a week. I would check out the NROLFW facebook page, there is tons of support there and they are awesome!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There's also a NROL4W group here on MFP! Tons of knowledgeable ladies on there.
  • grover0ca
    Options
    thanks..i will look it up!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing NROL4W. I only do 2 days a week as that's all I can manage with my other commitments right now. I figure my progress will be a bit slower than someone whose doing 3 days a week. But I'd rather do something that is sustainable for me. I'm on week 4 of stage 1 and in doing it twice a week I already feel so much stronger and feel like I'm seeing good progress!
  • grover0ca
    Options
    thanks for sharing your experience..good to know progress can still be had at 2 days a week :)