Can someone help me understand my labs?

Options
TSH .35
T4 1.3
T3 2.8

I'm on .137mg of levothyroxine daily. Are these labs telling me I'm doing okay? That's what the doc said today but just double checking.

Replies

• missymc16
    missymc16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What reason behind getting your thyroid levels test?

I am getting my blood drawn tomorrow and as I had papillary cancer what is the new normally for me, is not necessarily the same for someone with a different thyroid disease.
  • smurfaggie07
    Options
    I've been hypo in the past, am on levothyroxine now to address that issue. Got levels checked to see if I need to go up, stay same or go down on meds.
  • SarahHebert1
    SarahHebert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about the T4/T3 tests yet, but your TSH is at the low end of the normal range (0.3-3.0) - which is IDEAL. Wish mine was there!
  • smurfaggie07
    Options
    Thanks Sarah! I wasn't sure if it was too low or what.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    BUMP-ing this for next week, had my crappy yearly blood test today and shall get my results sometime next week. (in the UK)
    I took a list of things i wanted them to check for but i dont think the nurse understood half of them. She told me that they automatically check TSH, FreeT3 and FreeT4 but im not convinced she knew what she was saying as apparently the UK dont check Free T3.
    Got a doc appointment in 2 weeks time so we shall see what they say and i want a list of everything checked this time. If anyone has any advice for me to ask the Doc please go ahead. I really want to see if my T3 is incorrect and try and get put on liothyronine of some sort but i know the NHS in the UK is rotten usually.