Purpose

Options
4theking
4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
I am getting a bit overwhelmed answering each personal email so wanted to have a place to ask general questions. These questions and answers may help other members that read them. Please put all non personal questions here. It's time to take it to the next level. Let's do this!!

Replies

• Sambytheway82
    Options
    Sounds good :smile: xx
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You bet :smile:
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea and hopefully you won't get so swamped with questions, which I'm sure there is a ton of them...
  • 4theking
    Options
    This is a great idea and hopefully you won't get so swamped with questions, which I'm sure there is a ton of them...

Just don't want to answer the same questions over and over again! :)
  • Jademadeley
    Options
    Ok first question then! I am about half way to my goal and have hit a plateau for the last few weeks and just stayed at the same weight. I am 5.11, starting weight was 159, current weight - 146 and goal weight - 134. I've been averaging a net of 1200 cals a day since start of Jan. any suggestions how to kick start my weight loss again?
  • 4theking
    Options
    Ok first question then! I am about half way to my goal and have hit a plateau for the last few weeks and just stayed at the same weight. I am 5.11, starting weight was 159, current weight - 146 and goal weight - 134. I've been averaging a net of 1200 cals a day since start of Jan. any suggestions how to kick start my weight loss again?

2 weeks is not quite long enough to call it a plateau. If things are set right, you will probably get a woosh soon and drop a few lbs in one week. That being said, having one day a week to eat a bit more will usually do the trick. When you say net calories, how much are you eating total?
  • Jademadeley
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, I'm normally eating between 1200-1400 cals a day, and usually burn 200-400 a day. I guess I just need to be more patient and not get annoyed that I'm not losing 2 lbs every week! :smile:
  • 4theking
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, I'm normally eating between 1200-1400 cals a day, and usually burn 200-400 a day. I guess I just need to be more patient and not get annoyed that I'm not losing 2 lbs every week! :smile:

Your welcome. Yes, the lower your bmr and the less you have to lose, the slower it will come off.
  • pepgab
    pepgab Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bank you setting this up. I'm more a reader than a questioner.
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    hello, would you be able to check and see if I am doing things ok, my daily intake is up to 1490 in calories, most days of late I have been doing 4 mile super challenge with leslie sansone dvd then I started the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels, I am on day 4. I have been listing it as 80 min cardio about 1100 calories. Iwas on the 1200 cal a day but changed it to the higher and am now starting to lose weight, What do you think? I am 58 years young, :)) 190 lb
  • 4theking
    Options
    hello, would you be able to check and see if I am doing things ok, my daily intake is up to 1490 in calories, most days of late I have been doing 4 mile super challenge with leslie sansone dvd then I started the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels, I am on day 4. I have been listing it as 80 min cardio about 1100 calories. Iwas on the 1200 cal a day but changed it to the higher and am now starting to lose weight, What do you think? I am 58 years young, :)) 190 lb

As a general rule, you should never really eat under bmr. Yours is around 1500 a day so yes, where you have your calories set sounds good. You reduce calories too much and your body will respond negatively.
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    thank you, so I take it that I am on the right track? :)
  • 4theking
    Options
    thank you, so I take it that I am on the right track? :)

Yes, sounds good. If you run into problems, let me know.