I think I can...

kiku76
kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
Hi everyone. I'm just looking for some support I guess.
I have done no carb, paleo, 1200 calories, 2000 calories, just about everything. nothing works for long. I don't have a ton to lose, I'm 144 and would like to be 130.
I hate calorie cutting. Makes me crazy. In January I started eating clean and dropped a couple pounds in a week. I thought, great! and added in oatmeal (which I love). then the weight loss stopped. I got extremely frustrated and went down to 1100-1200 calories. I'm losing a little but I just don't feel like I'm eating enough. I burn about 400-500 calories when I workout.
So, I think I finally got it. I'm going to go back to eating clean, but no wheat or oats. Just quinoa and fruit for carbs. I find I lose on no carb diets but get tired quickly and need some carbs. I NEED to eat more. I NEED to cut out most grains. I think I can do it :)

Replies

• Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    I have a hard time with carbs too. I try not to go over 150 grams a day. I stick to fruit in the a.m. (Usually grapefruit and an apple), oatmeal, quinoa, farro and veggies. I try to carb cycle but not sure if I do it right lol. Just make sure you snack two or three times a day. They say eating every 2-3 hrs is ideal for getting your metabolism running.
  • Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    Rereading what i posted and it sounds like i eat all those grains in one dat but i dont. Usually it's oatmeal with quinoa or farro with dinner or just oatmeal.