Introduce yourself...what are your goals?

Options
Please use this discussion topic to introduce yourself to Team BodyBelieve...what are your goals? What are you currently doing to reach your health and fitness goals? What are you most passionate about? What is your favorite meal? What is your favorite activity? Let's go!

Replies

• nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm Greg.. aka nightdragon . I used to work nights and love dragons :)

I started out on this weight loss journey back last summer. Had gotten back up to 270 lbs.. I started doing fitness kickboxing once a week, but really didn't do anything different with diet

then around October/November I decided to get serious about it

I started logging calories, changed kickboxing to 3 times a week.

After Christmas it was just like a switch turned on... right now I log, and generally stay within 1500 calories per day
    I work out every day.. .anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending on which day it is.
    I do fitness kickboxing twice a week, body combat once a week, body pump once a week
    and then 5 days a week of home workouts

I just want to get healthy. Currently have managed to get down to 225 lbs. I want to continue until I get to the 180-190 range.. maybe even 175.. but depends on how I'm feeling and honestly how I look. I want to look healthy, not look like a scarecrow. I'm 6'2 and broad shouldered, so too much weight loss just makes me look sick

I'm trying to add more strength based training to all of the cardio I do.

Favorite meal is easy.. Steak ! quick , easy, painless
    Loving martial arts.. the kickboxing, body combat etc

Found a new program though. It's called Cage Fitness . Thinking of trying that out starting in August when membership expires at kickboxing :)

Nice to meet you all !
  • xxxtracyxxx
    xxxtracyxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HI, Im Tracy. I was diagnosed with Diabetes in January 2012. I managed to lose 2 stone betwen Jan - June, then I stopped smoking and I stopped losing weight. I got down to 98kg, aam now 101.5kg.

My friend told me about this site, she is doing so well, so though I would try it as well.

My problem is that I made the decision not to die from this, started eating healthy, quit the smoking (on 5/6th attempt!) and Doc had told me he would rather I ate crap than smoked. So now I do. It started with a 'treat' a week, now its every day, and creeping up to more than one every day. And its all the wrong stuff. And I know this, yet still do it! Am so frustrated with myself.

I know its will power, I know its my decision, but knowing all of this is not helping me to beat it.

The one thing I will say, I am honest on my diary, warts and all, where as I know some are not.

I dont know if you guys think I have a hope in sorting this out, but I hope I do. There was a time I thought I would never be able to quit smoking and I havent done the amount of exercise I am currently since I left school. SO there are positives, but also many negatives.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and nightdragon, I love dragons too! lol :-)
  • Renee4joy
    Renee4joy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hello, My name is Renee.
    My fitness goal is to lose 10 lbs and tone my arms and legs. I am currently on a 1200 calorie diet and I work out 4 times a week. Cardio/ interval training and weights.

I am most passionate about being toned because I have jiggly thighs. I know that my thighs will never be thin but I just want them tight.
    My favorite meal is baked chicken with salad. My favorte activity is doing P90X.
  • Injcalone
    Options
    Hi my name is Gina,

One of my goals is to get down to a size 8 and to find a healthy diet/fitness plan that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I'm not sure what weight that would make me, but I just recently lost about 12 lbs , but gained about 3 lbs back. I'm 170 lbs right now. I've never tracked my calories before and a little sceptic about an online group, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I enjoy working out and the feeling of satisfaction it gives me, but struggle with the motivation which makes me inconsistant. I'm currently on a 1300 kcal diet to lose about one lb a week.

I love to swim! I'm probably most passionate about FOOD, I love food. I believe every food can fit I just might not eat it all the time. It's hard to pick just one kind of dish as my favorite.
  • jjones9298
    Options
    It is so great to meet you all! I love that some of you are doing Team Beachbody programs...they are awesome and will help you reach your goals. Is anyone drinking shakeology? It has changed my life...I lost 15 pounds, have great energy and no cravings...I could not do my triathlon training without it. I also lowered my bp and am off my meds :)!!

I have my first half marathon of the season on Saturday and I have my first sprint, indoor tri this Sunday...so nervous!!

So happy to have you all...you can also connect with me via the following links...

bodybelievehealth.com
    www.facebook.com/coachjulieteambeachbody
  • jjones9298
    Options
    Nice to meet you, Gina!! I just started swimming one month ago and I can't believe the difference already!! Such a great exercise...I have my first sprint triathlon on Sunday..super nervous!
  • jjones9298
    Options
    Hi Renee,

So great to meet you!! I love P90x...I am doing Ab Ripper today :)
  • jjones9298
    Options
    Hi Tracy,

It is great to meet you! You can definitely help reduce your risk of diabetes complications with a clean, low-glycemic diet. Have you ever tried Shakeology? See my links if you are interested. My father is diabetic and just recently started shakeology...his doctor is impressed with his glucose readings so far...mush more stable. Nice to have you!
  • jjones9298
    Options
    Hi Greg aka nightdragon, I love your avatar!! It is great to meet you! I am a huge Team Beachbody program fan...I love Insanity, Body Combat, Body Pump as well. These programs are meant to challenge you and help you lose weight and gain strength. I am so happy to have them as cross trainers while training for my first triathlon this year. Welcome!
  • xxxtracyxxx
    xxxtracyxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of Shakeolgy, but if its milkshake based, I will not go near it. I tried a milkshake diet many years ago and now I cant stand them! lol

Thanks for the welcome! :happy:
  • carfrahb
    carfrahb Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Carola and I study engineering, and it can get pretty hard and stressful at times which has led me to stress eating and a gain of 30+ pounds since I started college! yikes!
    My goal is to lose 45lbs, hoepfully for my 21st birthday in September. I'm not interested in being scary thing. I just want to get toned and enjoy shopping for clothes... and to rid myself of my bad habits. Happiness + Health <3 is what I'm looking for!
    It's very nice to meet ya'll!
  • Finleyclf
    Finleyclf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cholanta. My start goal was in October to go from a size 20 to 12. I am now in a 14 and feel great. I just emptied my intire closet with the exception of one pair of pants to remind me where I started. I only bought 4 pair of pants and a few shirts for each so I can change up. It feels good to get out of my big clothes. I'm in school working on my BA, I work full time and I go to the gym daily.