Mortified!

Options
jo_marnes
jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
And it was all going so well..... Saturday saw my last workout A of stage 1. Hurrah! Progress. I upped my weights, going for 110lb (50kg) on the squats. I did 2 sets at 45lbs then added for the final round. Amazing! 7 of 8 reps were done.

8th and final rep.... I'm down, and .... oh *kitten*.... I ain't getting up.... omg, I am stuck....in fact, I'm getting closer to the floor...... oh crap... and my *kitten* hits the floor. OMG. Then, to make it worse, some guy comes over and says... "can I help you lift that back up?". God bless him, I needed it, but still. Going to take some effort to suck it up and walk back in there tomorrow!!!

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Well, the good thing is you were pushing yourself really hard:) Most women can't even pick up the oly bar so just be proud you can squat over 100lbs
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Don't be ashamed of pushing yourself. Ever. Great job!
  • jsextrasmooth
    jsextrasmooth Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oops! The important thing is that it sounds like only your pride was hurt. Top effort though and wow 50kg at the end of Stage 1!!!
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I got stuck once with the front squat/ push press. I actually finished all my reps, but then I couldn't lift the bar enough to rack it. I tried about 3 times and could only get it a couple inches above my shoulders. The guy using the squat cage next to me was nice enough to help me put it back. I felt like a doofus, but it happens, you know. Nothing to be ashamed of!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed you were over 100lbs!!!! GREAT JOB!!
  • Holmfridur_Gestsdottir
    Options
    Oh, those awkward moments :smile: Good job, you will be as cool as it gets tomorrow :smile:
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oh, no worries, it happens. I have unrack and rerack the weights of the friend who I'm doing the program with all the time. She's shorter than me and can't pick up a lot of the weights because they're usually racked too high for her to grab or put back. You're there and you're lifting heavy. Just grin at him when you go back. That's what spotters are for!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    You didn't get hurt, that's what matters. I'm glad there was someone there to help you.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I ask for a little hand every once in a while, nothing wrong with that.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I fell on a squat just yesterday. I was supposed to hole one arm in the air with a dumbbell, and it was a lot tougher than I thought it would be. Fell FLAT on my butt, and hit myself in the head with the db. The only thing that was hurt was my ego. We all fail, that's how we grow and get stronger.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    awesome job pushing yourself and not going easy. Glad to hear ur ok though.

A lot of ppl start working out with a spotter at higher weights cuz there will come a time that you need help when pushing ur body to its limit. So no need to be mortified. My PT does this all the time btw, always need help at the last few reps, and if I don't he didn't work me hard enough. :bigsmile:
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything the ladies above said...we are proud of you Jo!!
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything the ladies above said...we are proud of you Jo!!

^ yes pretty much this! I haven't even tried 45lbs yet, 100 is pretty stellar! And obviously you are pushing yourself to get there so good for you!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Awww thanks all! Managed 50kg on my deadlifts for my final stage 1 workout too - pretty chuffed with that. Stage 2 starts tomorrow!
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    AHAHAHA!! I love stories like this!! (as long as no one gets hurt- so that's the main thing here- glad you weren't hurt!) And you go girl, for pushing yourself!!! It takes guts to put yourself out there and lift weights in front of other people!
    Once I was doing crunches with weights on a stability ball, lots my balance, threw the weights, flew off the ball, kicked out the cord to my music that was blasting, and landed on the floor in dead silence. It bruised my pride, and I was even ALONE in the house. lol!
    Anyway, good work on the lifting, and glad someone was nice enough to help you- I look forward to being at stage 2 someday, so keep up the good work!!!
    -Sonja