FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
tumblr_mis9w2wzvC1s39eoto1_500.jpg

33387c5f8d609c1c4e9dfaf55b5bbc6b.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Happy Spring everyone!!!

Today I did a youtube Bollywood Bellydance low impact workout. Unfortunately, the workout was very unprofessional. The "trainer" didn't seem very organized or to be very experienced with bellydance. (And at times I think I was more coordinated and in better condition than her! lol!) But I found a great "Bollywood" music track on youtube to play in the background, which made it fun and, once again, I *did* sweat...so that's something! :smile: Unfortunately, she incorporated some lunge and squat moves, which ordinarily would make me very happy--but not today, with the condition my knees are in. :frown:

The workout was about 20min and then the whole thing repeated. Afterwards, I started searching to find some bellydance or bollywood type dance workouts that might be better researched/rehearsed/produced, because I like the concept and think it'd be fun low impact cardio from time-to-time. I guess what I'd like is the "Zumba" of Eastern dance (vs. latin dance)---hmm, sounds like a good business proposal, doesn't it? (cha-ching!)

Anyway, knees are killin', so I may not get any other workout done today. Plus, it's parent-teacher meeting today and I might not get to go walk. And tonight is GNO at an Indian restaurant, which means mega-calorie-intake. This could get ugly. :laugh:

Hope everyone has a fantastic first day of SPRINGGGGG!!!! (YAY!) :flowerforyou:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Oh, hey Jessica, we were writing about Blogilates the other day, and guess what I ran across...a Blogilates Calendar on her website. I signed up for the newsletter and got the March calendar. She usually puts 5 or 6(!) workouts on each day!! So, yeah, the individual workouts are a little short, but she combines them for a good workout for the day. If you're interested go to her website or google blogilates calendar. :)
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I sure wish the weather outside reflected the season! I want to run in shorts again and work on my tan! I did my c25k this morning. I made sure to stretch well before, after warm up and after the run. I am planning on icing after a shower and before getting ready!

I have a job interview today and I should be hearing back about another job offer today **crossing fingers** On top of all that.. we are waiting to see if an offer on a house will be accepted..... aaaaaahhhhhh! Stress to the max for me. Should be resolved soon tho.

Sherry - I saw that too! I have not actually looked at all the videos yet, but saw that she put that together. What a nice person she is! LOL. I wonder if she does it for every month....
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy spring!! Today spring is coming in with a bang including; 60km/h winds with blowing snow and freezing rain... awesome i know... lol
    Not feeling great today and was supposed to do insanity pure cardio and cardio abs, but i only got through pure cardio, maybe i'll do cardio abs later if i'm feeling better. If not I'll add it onto the work out tomorrow!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Sam
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone... Yes first day of spring.. and allergies are a beast...stuffy,foggy head and tired.. ugh.. Oh and we had threats of rain but of course not enough to clear the air.. a teaser...smh.. Oh well today I have my mom with me and we are going to get out and walk and then i'm going to do my workouts. I will report how it goes since Monday... I couldn't quite hit like a girl and yesterday.. I was totally reliant on Antihistamines.. which had me groggy all morning.. Gonna juice and add some ginger and see if that will help. Can believe it ... my body is not quite spring ready..but my goal is to wear shorts by summer I better hold fast to that goal.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Today I did 1 hour of yoga. I also signed up for yoga classes at a studio, so I'm really excited to start my journey with those.
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello family. did my RI30 day 4 this morning also included 15mins zumba but i did 3omins of zumba yesterday.

Fromhereonout: I think there's already a bollywood zumba - too much jumping for me maybe thats why your instructor wasn't coordinated. I'll send you a few links if i find them over the weekend.

Hurdisnie1: ur post yesterday cracked me up. i hope u feel better. try some green tea with ginger as well. i don't have allergies but i've been told green tea helps - doesn't it help everything lol

Auntsammy88: Did u hear about the yoga pants recall? if not, u might want to check it out before doing the downward dog in class. Js!

Goodnight folks, RI30 Day 5 tomorrow morning.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    Ok I mixed it up didn't do what I planned felt like I did more and got a good sweat.. on..

All off Youtube
    BeFit- Kickbox cardio--With Denise Austin
    Fitness Blender -Adios Muffin Top Standing Abs workout
    Fitness blender Low impact-Cardio Toner Workout

I actually enjoyed this....I think this is the first time I got a good sweat going and didn't want to stand in front of the fan to cool down... I am trying to appreciate the sweat.. because honestly I don't.. :huh: I am trying to look at it as layers of fat melting off...:happy: Have a good one ladies

@Steadybutsure- It ended up not raining half as much as it should of... I will try the green tea with some ginger... it is good for a lot of things..
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    @steadybutsure... I wasn't sure what I had wrote yesterday and I just went back and read it.. I must of been way foggy brained... with no proof reading.. LOL:laugh: that was proof of what was really going on....
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hello family. did my RI30 day 4 this morning also included 15mins zumba but i did 3omins of zumba yesterday.

Fromhereonout: I think there's already a bollywood zumba - too much jumping for me maybe thats why your instructor wasn't coordinated. I'll send you a few links if i find them over the weekend.

Hurdisnie1: ur post yesterday cracked me up. i hope u feel better. try some green tea with ginger as well. i don't have allergies but i've been told green tea helps - doesn't it help everything lol

Auntsammy88: Did u hear about the yoga pants recall? if not, u might want to check it out before doing the downward dog in class. Js!

Goodnight folks, RI30 Day 5 tomorrow morning.

Yoga pants comment: BAHAHAHA!!! Definitely don't want to be pullin' a downward dog in a class in those! :laugh:

I second the green tea recommendation. It has helped me fight off a allergy/cold/idunnowhat in the past.

bollywood zumba: Well, I don't know how I'd do with alot of jumping either, but alot of "shimmying" and "shaking" would be fun.

Keep up the RI30, you're so close to the home stretch now. :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Ok I mixed it up didn't do what I planned felt like I did more and got a good sweat.. on..

All off Youtube
    BeFit- Kickbox cardio--With Denise Austin
    Fitness Blender -Adios Muffin Top Standing Abs workout
    Fitness blender Low impact-Cardio Toner Workout

I actually enjoyed this....I think this is the first time I got a good sweat going and didn't want to stand in front of the fan to cool down... I am trying to appreciate the sweat.. because honestly I don't.. :huh: I am trying to look at it as layers of fat melting off...:happy: Have a good one ladies

@Steadybutsure- It ended up not raining half as much as it should of... I will try the green tea with some ginger... it is good for a lot of things..

Hope you are feeling better.

Sounds like a great workout. My plan has kinda gone out the window too (or has at least gotten mixed around), but as long as the workout is being "switched up" and not being traded for "wall staring" or "couch jockeying", I think it's a-ok. :)
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the stationary bike while I watched American idol. Not sure it was a great workout..l wasn't " out f breath" but I worked up a sweat, so it had to be something.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just stopping in to update what I did on this day. It was CLX Extreme Intervals without the use of the stability ball since DD doesn't own one (visiting with her right now). I just moved my arms as if holding one with some of the moves and it was STILL a great circuit training session.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Pam--Congratulations on the new grandson!!!!!

Ooo, if you need a stability ball, they are cheap and probably practically free used (thrift store, craigslist) and when you leave, you can leave it for the new Mommy...newborn babies love to be "rocked" (lightly bounced) on a stability ball.
    But not if it isn't necessary. I have one sitting in the closet that I thought I'd use alot, but never have (I might have to change that soon:wink: ).