Protein

Options
sb4480
sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
How/what do you eat to meet you protein goals? I feel like I'm eating a ton of meat and eggs, but I'm consistently below my protein macro. I'm doing lower carb and no dairy right now and I'm trying to stay away from nuts because my goal is weight loss (and health).

Replies

• sb4480
    Options
    Oh, my diary is open
  • hopeful0131
    Options
    Did you set those macro goals for yourself? I would maybe increase your fat percentage and decrease your protein percentage, unless you are really trying to build muscle and truly need that amount of protein. If that is a pretty typical day, 92 grams of protein is not bad, IMO.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    agreed around 100g is good, mines set at 140 and rarely make it, its hard lol,
  • sb4480
    Options
    I did set the macros myself, but I recently upped my caloric goal to 1400 so maybe it skewed things.

So what would be a good set? I'm 32, 5'6" 145 lbs and I'deally I'd like to lose 10 lbs.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    That's a rather high protein goal for your caloric intake! Are you an athlete?
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Find out your LBM (lean body mass) and calculate from that. It should be .08g-1g protein per pound of lean body mass. Not your total weight. I would think your goal would be somewhere around 100g, give or take. You're doing well at eating protein at every meal. If you get your protein goal straight, it shouldn't be too hard to meet your needs if you continue to eat in that manner.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    40% protein /40% fat /20 % carb is good for active people who do alot of strength training ( I do weights 5 days a week, and cardio 6 days a week), and it works out to 140g a day for me
  • sb4480
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm not an athelete, I casually work out (1-2 week), but according to blood work my protein levels are very low, I'm also dangerously anemic, so I'm trying to go a bit higher than what one would normally need.