Hello LAWL people!

Options
DDCNY
DDCNY Posts: 64 Member
Okay so there's less than 10 of us on MFP and it looks like this group hasn't been active in about a year. Anyone still around? No one understands the weird rules of our plan like other LAWL people. We need to support each other!

Replies

• barri70
    barri70 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in...I am currently 162.4 and I want to be at 150 by the end of April...6 weeks...thats 2lbs a week...seem doable!

I decided on doing plan2...I was undecided on the gold/blue plan and plan 2. I had lost 30lbs on the blue plan 7 years ago. I did the blue because I worked out 30 minutes a day. I am not a fruit person though and plan 2 only has you eating 2 fruits a day so I though that plan 2 might be better for me...plus a starch is equal to 2 pieces of light bread so you can actually have a sandwich.

So I am into coming here and posting my weight everyother day...to keep me accountable....

Anyone else?

Also

What plan are you using and why?
  • DDCNY
    Options
    Hi there! It sounds like you're following the right plan for you. And 150 by the end of April certainly seems like a solid and achievable goal!

I'm on the red plan with a slight modification. I use Luna bars and Special K shakes in place of the LAWL bars and I also have two additional servings of dairy for 3 per day.

Oh! And the why: I need the extra calories so that I don't lose weight too quickly. As it is I think I will end up needing plastic surgery to remove excess skin. Also I am on a medication that leaches calcium from my bones so the extra dairy (combined with calcium supplements) keeps me in check.

LAWL is the only plan that has ever worked for me. I know it's because if the super high protein and very restricted simple carbs. To get even more benefit I try to use whole grains whenever possible for my starch selections.

Today is day 14 and I have lost 7 lbs.
  • judithanne013
    judithanne013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. You are not kidding that this not appear to be active. I am following lawl. I did it back it in 2003. I am in need of structure.
  • judithanne013
    Options
    Okay. I was reading everones start date. I am in. I am on the red plan since I have 80 lbs to lose. I am also using the Luna bars. I lost over 100 my last time around.
  • DDCNY
    Options
    Hello!!!
    The structure definitely helps. I remember when I got my first "professional job" out of college and was living in a new city I used to take my packed lunch over to the LAWL center and have lunch with my counselor, Pam, each workday. Sometimes I really miss that!

So how is this week going so far, ladies? I've found myself struggling with food/exercise. I remember before that one of the things I loved about LAWL was that it was written and designed to be a no exercise plan. But underneath all this flub are some skimpy muscles. I have big plans for DIY projects in my home and gardens and need to develop these muscles.

I'm struggling with MFP's idea about eating back the calories burned during exercise. Because of my size, I typically burn 300-350 calories in a 30-35 min session on the treadmill using the incline. Before last night I had not been eating back those calories. For 5 days my scale was stuck at 364. Last night, for the first time on a workout day, I "ate back" the calories I had burned. I made the decision to have an extra starch to replace the glucose and an extra protein since I'm building muscle. But maybe this was the right move? My scale finally moved down again to 363.4.

So what do you ladies think? Do you exercise on your plans?

-Danielle
  • judithanne013
    Options
    Danielle,

I have also heard that you should eat back your exercise calories or at least some of them. I walk and allow myself some overage but not all of them since I am not sure that I am counting my walks correctly. To me it is a rugh walk where it is probably a stroll. I think it affects each of us in different ways.
  • barri70
    barri70 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think you should not go below 1200 calories a day...so if you are on the gold plan and exercising you need to eat back the calories...essentially putting you on the blue plan. If you are not working out stay with gold...

The first time I did LAWL I did the gold plan with no exercise. I lost 10lbs in a month. The second time I did it I did the Blue plan with exercise and I lost over 20lbs in 6 weeks.

So I guess its a matter of choice as to what you want to do.

I did use Luna bars as substitutes before, I have also used EAS protein shakes...very low in carbs and easy to take with you.
  • DDCNY
    Options
    Judith and Barri I think you're right about eating back the cals/exercise. The other night it backfired for me. Since I go to the gym at the end of my day I "ate back" at dinner and then we didn't get to the gym that night! Yipes! But the next night we went and I didn't "eat back" so I feel like it evened out. I'm still down today! I must have gotten on and off the scale 5 times to be sure that it was right.

I'm was astounded to see my pie chart of calories over the last week on MFP. With the dairy and the Luna bars and Special K shakes (I will have to check out EAS Barri, thanks!) about 38% of my calories are coming from carbs. I had been trying to do 50% from protein then 25% each from fat and carbs but it's not turning out that way. Well, I'm still losing weight so I'm not going to knock it! Ha!

Do you ladies have any recipes that you like? I have one in particular that I make as a special treat. It may not sound delish but I promise, the fat in the mayo melts to make this so crunchy and flavorful. I got the idea from a Hellman's commercial but I have made some tweaks.

Cheese crusted chicken breast

Pound 1 chicken breast piece very flat. Use whatever portion size is on your plan. For me it's 7 oz.
    In a bowl, mix together 1 tbsp light mayo and 1 tbsp FF yogurt or FF sour cream (sometimes I just use two tbsp light mayo) and 2 tbsp grated pecorino romano cheese with 1-1/2 tbsp bread crumbs. Sometimes I use Carb Careful. Add about 2 tsp Italian seasoning. Mix well and spread over your chicken piece. I like to make sure it comes down the sides of the chicken so that it stays really moist.
    Bake 350 for 20 min or so. If using a ceramic dish the baking time is a little shorter.

I use pecorino romano because it has half the calories of parm cheese.

This is really so good.
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hello LAWL'ers.

i lost 40 lbs on LAWL 4 years ago. I have gained it ALL back. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have just been online and ordered a new diary. I am hoping that i have the book at home still with all the food groups and foods.

Any hints for tracking LAWL in MFP?

I am also in need of people to check in with etc daily if not MULTIPLE times per day.

What does everyone use in place of the super expensive bars?