Juice recipes

Options
Can someone share some recipes from the movie...? Or any other recipe.

Another question.... Why do they call it fasting instead of diet...?

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Because people diet to lose weight and people who fast do it for a multitude of reasons. For example I like to do occasional fasts to keep me eating my fruits and veggies, because I find after I've been off my fast for about 4 to 6 weeks naughty foods begin to become a regular part of my diet instead of my fruits and veggies. I also do it to jump start my weightloss again.

Also, diet has many other definitions. For example people with diabetes need to be on a low suger "diet." Basically sugar isn't included in what they're eating.

People who eat vegan, vegetarian, pescapalian and so on... are eating a vegan, vegetarian, pescapalian diet. What I'm trying to say is diet is another way to say eating lifestyle and people have turned it around to mean some kind of fad diet at the moment.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Tons of juice recipes on the web. Basically just run through a juicer things that you like.

I just made this one and dang it's good!

1 large organic fuji apple
    5 medium sized carrots
    1 lemon, peeled
    1 inch of ginger
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    ^^ I agree. I never use recipes. I've base my shopping on what's seasonal and on sale at the grocery store. Then I just mix stuff up that sounds good to juice.
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    Thank you everyone for responding :wink:
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is where I get mine. Great site!

http://juicerecipes.com/
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    Thank you lika :wink:
  • trishdish11
    trishdish11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi these are 3 of my favourite juice recipes:

1. 1/2 lemon, ginger, 1 green apple, 1/2 cucumber, kale, celery.
    2. kale, pineapple, lime & mint leaves.
    3. celery, spinach, lemon, carrot, mint, zucchini.

Enjoy.