Fitness videos and games

Options
Just thought I would see what vidoes and games people use, like or dislike. I use a yoga video on days where I can't get to class, and I am buying today the wii Zumba Core as I can't seem to get to class lately with my son's skiing, hockey, and swim activities....just no time left for me at the moment to go to class.

Replies

• Brenda1636
    Brenda1636 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have the first Zumba game for the xBox. I like it. It is fun.

I have the Wii Fit too. I am going to try to incorporate that a little more just for something extra at night. We will see how it goes though.

On youtube, I found a lady who does hour classes and posts weekly. In case you want to check her out, her name is Dr. Melissa West. Just search for her and they will come up.
  • PietrosMom
    Options
    Oh yes, thanks for the you tube heads up on full length classes. Super!!
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have 30 day shred which I like. It's really good on days I can't get to the gym or only get a few minutes. I'm thinking though of starting today and doing it consistently for the 28 days just to see where I am at the end of it. My husband also is doing P90X and I will sometimes tag along when he does the Yoga and Stretching ones. He wants me to try the Kenpo one tonight which is like kickboxing.

We'll see, I feel that I get more motivation in an actual class because I worry everyone is watching me :)
  • PietrosMom
    Options
    I had a friend who did Px90 to train for the Spartan Beast. He said it kicked his tush but good, but he shredded.
  • grandmacar
    Options
    I am using Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds and really like it. I got a 4 complete workouts on 1 DVD and it is a bit more of a workout than the one I saw on youtube as it uses 1 lb ball weights, (I used 1 lb bags of spaghetti) and a resistance band in addition to the walking. I plan on working my way up through the 4 levels from 1 mile to 4 miles.
    I also have wii Fit Plus, and a bunch of workout videos to use also. I love The Richard Simmons ones, because he just makes it so fun. ;-)
    Brenda, thanks for the info on the workout online.
    PietrosMom, what is shredded?
  • kathydraperfitness
    kathydraperfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am using the new Can You 24 DVDs from Advocare. I am so much more physically strong since I started using them. each workout is only 24 minutes - Intense and quick! When I started I could do 10 push up and now I am up to 24! I am thinking about pulling out my Turbo Jam too. I won't even bother with stuff like P90X and Insanity because I have bad knees. Good for some people but I want to be able to walk afterwards.
  • PietrosMom
    Options
    @Grandmacar, shredded= he was ripped! My heart could not keep up with the video,lol...
    @Kathy, I hear you on the knees. I do need to add some strengthening, so perhaps will look into it. Yoga just not enough.

I have the wii Fitplus too, I should take a look at it. Never opened it,lol.
  • trixygirl
    trixygirl Posts: 17
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight a few years ago doing Turbo Jam and walking. I moved on to Turbo Fire, but really liked Turbo Jame better. I would love to do Turbo Jam again, but spend 90% of my time in a hotel room. I'm sure the people below me wouldn't like it much.
  • Brenda1636
    Options
    I loved Turbo Jam!! It was one of my favorites. I'd love to do Insanity but I belong to a couple gyms (due to my living situation) so I couldn't justify the price to purchase it right now.
  • iamfitcat
    iamfitcat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Core for the Wii. Did it this morning, did the full length class! It is a great calorie burner that is for sure! I also like Just Dance!

My sister told me about a website called Fitness Blender. Looks interesting, and free!
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I loved Turbo Jam!! It was one of my favorites. I'd love to do Insanity but I belong to a couple gyms (due to my living situation) so I couldn't justify the price to purchase it right now.

I would love to do Insanity too. I'm hoping when hubby is done with this round of P90X he will be interested in doing it with me, and I'll be fit enough to keep up!
  • sassyladi0404
    sassyladi0404 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am currently completing a 11 week Bootcamp at my gym. Last Saturday this week, so I ordered 30 day shred along with a couple other biggest loser workouts. I am really motivated after seeing Danni win!
  • Brenda1636
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a few of Bob's videos. He always has them for cheap on his website. If anyone tries any, let me know.