Introduction / Being a man about this problem

Options
Howdy Fellers,

Introduction: My Name's Bobby and I have no Idea what my starting weight was - I stopped weighing myself at around 365. I am now down to 282.2 and want to be near 200. I don't care about having a 6-pack since I am pretty sure that ship has sailed but I am 100% sure I am DONE being "the big guy" in any room.

Being a Man:

A little background first. I grew up with 2 sisters while my parents worked and have always been more comfortable around girls. I don't follow sports (computer guy thing), don't hunt and apart from being handy around the house handling booze like a champ, I don't do much else like "normal" guys do. About 6 years ago I weighed 172 and went to the Doc with mysterious kidney pain. Fast forward 3 years of pain\surgery\Cancer scares and truck-loads of meds to when I weighed >365 and was utterly beat down and defeated.

For the past 3 years I have been slowly recovering from that roller coaster but have been doing so very sheepishly. I tried losing weight with the wife for example and if one of us failed, we both did. This process screwed up most of my 30's and even with a wife, a kid and a mortgage I didn't feel like a grown-up man.

About 2 weeks ago my wife gave me a wonderful gift - She told me she is fine being healthy on her own and asked me to do whatever it took for me to get healthy again myself. With all the control being mine now, I have gone nuclear on this loosing weight crap and for the first time in my life I feel 100% male with testosterone coursing through me. It's crazy but tackling such a huge (pun intended) problem and making progress is chipping away at that feeling of defeat.

I have never felt more in control of my universe than I have these two weeks and I sure hope this continues!

Replies

• setaseba
    setaseba Posts: 11
    Options
    What with there being 3+ billion men on the planet I don't think there's such a thing as a normal guy except what social rules other men & women in your community and the media try to foist on you. As long as you like and respect who you see in the mirror in the morning, take responsibility for yourself and take care of your loved ones the rest of this 'real man' garbage is BS

Sounds like you've got your priorities straight. Good luck!