post workout refuel muscles

Options
mikehart164
mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
Tell me and everyone how you refuel after a long hour to two hour workout. Personally I use protein with fruit on weight training days and just fruit on only cardio days. The protein will reduce muscle soreness the following day. For those just beginning to exercise I would recommend protein even on just cardio days within 45 minutes of completion. KEEP ROCKING IT IM LOVING THE DAILY BURNS

Replies

• bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Protein shake or protein bar and fruit with a full glass of water too!
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a green protein shake after every workout. I use 1 scoop of protein on strength days and 1/2 scoop on cardio days. I my basic shake has spinach/kale/collard greens, flax seeds, goji berries, chia seeds and 1/2 cup fruit, and water. I sometimes add matcha powder, cocoa powder, almond milk,yogurt or nuts. I work out @ 4:30 am and usually having my shake by 5:45 am
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    Banana, walnuts and water.
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with coconut milk, fruit, greek yogurt, protein powder, hemp, chia and flax seeds.
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Today after a one hr. hard snow shoe, I had sardines, and crackers..otherwise a protien smoothie
  • mikehart164
    Options
    I'm totally loving this not going to lie. This is what I have for breakfast daily. But it is also great for post workout !! Keep it going!
    I have a green protein shake after every workout. I use 1 scoop of protein on strength days and 1/2 scoop on cardio days. I my basic shake has spinach/kale/collard greens, flax seeds, goji berries, chia seeds and 1/2 cup fruit, and water. I sometimes add matcha powder, cocoa powder, almond milk,yogurt or nuts. I work out @ 4:30 am and usually having my shake by 5:45 am
  • mikehart164
    Options
    Sounding Good Everyone
  • lizlashley2009
    lizlashley2009 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Did an hour and half of cardio for 600 calories burned protein shake with fruit after it felt good today was suppose to be trainer day but he got in a car accident but all in all feeling great
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Today I took your advice & had a chocolate protein shake after class. At 8:30, it's really to late to eat again. It felt like a late night snack too.
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    After a workout I drink/eat any of the foods listed below:
    lots of H2O, tea, milk, yogurt, fruits, omelette, whatever meat is available in my ref that I can cook, bread roll with nutella glazed over it :wink:
    And I try to eat back all my calories or at least half of it
  • fitinthirteen
    Options
    truthfully? I didn't think to do that:-( I usually time it to eat a meal soon after, so it's whatever meal is next- and I'm eating protein at both lunch and dinner. Is that not enough? Any suggestions on quick foods? I am not into smoothies so much...
  • lizlashley2009
    Options
    truthfully? I didn't think to do that:-( I usually time it to eat a meal soon after, so it's whatever meal is next- and I'm eating protein at both lunch and dinner. Is that not enough? Any suggestions on quick foods? I am not into smoothies so much...

I love my Greek yogurt most have about 14 grams of protein in them and about 120-140 calories and taste great
  • mikehart164
    Options
    I hope your trainer is OK Lizashley
  • lizlashley2009
    Options
    I hope your trainer is OK Lizashley

Ya he is fine thank god his car is not though!!! so a week off from him which is ok just mean I have to work harder at the gym on my own time :)
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I always eat peanut butter on a ww tortilla with banana
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    I always have eggs for breakfast (2 whites, one whole) with a fruit, 12-grain bread toasted with peanut butter and water. Then on the way to work (which is at a horse barn - working my upper body mostly) I have a protein bar, a fruit, and more water. Then when I get home (about 2 to 2 1/2 hours later) I do my cardio. Then I have chicken or sometimes ham (not often because of the sodium), a big salad, a serving of peas or corn, and more water! That usually gives me enough fuel for those workouts. I may try protein shakes if I take my cardio up a notch. We'll see.
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Whey protein shake. Protein and water!
  • LizzyAlexandra
    Options
    Soya Protein shake with a wide variety of fruit and veg (not all at once) blended in together with some soy milk. That way I get some protein and fruit/veg in one go!
  • Mollymops102
    Options
    That sounds great. I can't have peanut butter in the house or I eat it all! Perhaps I could get some just as my refuelling after running.
  • mikehart164
    Options
    Molly look up Better N PEanut Butter its got better nutrient breakdown and healthier for you as an alternative form of PB