The afterburn - Oh it hurts so bad

Options
jen2swt
jen2swt Posts: 37 Member
Thought it would be a good idea to add our gripes, good gripes, about our afterburn of exercising.

I will start off. On Monday, I did Jillian level 1, stopping here and there and doing exercises my way, the way I can handle them at this time but I did all of her first level dvd. It felt good, I wasn’t really sore at first except my quads, but man are my inner thighs are on fire still. I am walking like a cowboy..haha

Today I was supposed to do P90x arms and back using weights. Not sure if I will switch. I feel like my legs need to heal first. Thoughts?

Replies

• HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have been focusing on strength training and core training, but yesterday I did some leg training and man my thighs are SORE! I want to go for a run to add some cardio to my routine, but I don't think I should...Maybe a light run? Or, I can focus on my core....
  • Amianne
    Amianne Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You are both doing great by doing the workout in the first place. I recommend doing a light workout when you are very sore. You really do not want to just sit and wait for the pain to go away. A nice walk will get the blood flowing thru your muscles and the acid moving again and you will feel better tomorrow. I have always found that an easy workout on days when I am super sore help with the soreness and you still get in some kind of cardio.
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Yeah, I ended up doing a 20 minute jog and some core training. Legs are still sore this AM....But I secretly love it!

:drinker:
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great idea jen2swt!!

I hate the during exercise burn but I LOOOOVE the after exercise soreness! Its such a good pain! It means I'm doing it right :)
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    My hamstrings have been sore since doing the Jillian kettle bell workout. I made a point to give them an extra stretch today.

I hate when you are in the middle of an exercise and feel the burn and fatigue but it does feel good to push through it because it just feels like it is working then. Also means lots of pain afterwards. :)
  • jen2swt
    jen2swt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So last night on my day 3 of Jillian, I thought I would attempt doing jumping jacks. I did, but wow are my knees killing me. I don't know how my knees stand holding up this extra weight but it's going to come off. I will just continue to push through in hopes they feel better as my workouts continue each day.