Measurements went up???

Options
marykpfist
marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
I measured myself at the end of level 1, and was happy to see a few places where I had gone down. Not weight, but an inch or two total.
Yesterday I finished level 2 and weighed myself...nada. Nothing. Not a smidgen. In fact, one area was a bit BIGGER!

I'm starting to doubt myself? I bought heavier weights, and I'm truly trying to do everything as fully as I can. (Sweat buckets!). So I uses this 10 days I will try to be a bit more restrictive on what I eat, and see if it will help.

Anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I did the shred last year and noticed loads of inch loss (but no weight). This year I've again had no weight loss (slight gain even) and have lost a little bit in inches but nowhere near what I lost the first time round.

If we keep pushing to the end we may then see a difference? Lets hope so.
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    Definitely take a closer look at your diet. Perhaps you're underestimating how many calories you're consuming. It is especially easy to do with "health foods." Personally, if I don't control myself, I end up snacking on a whole lot of fruit, which are known to be not as harmless (calorie-wise) as they seem. The only non-diet explanation for a gain in inches (that I can come up with) is that 30DS made you bulk up, but this is impossible.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I'm going to see the same results when I'm done with the Shred, myself. I never lose weight. I feel like I've lost inches, but I'm too scared to measure just yet. I really hope you at least feel good in your own skin, though, because honestly, that counts a lot more than numbers!
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pounds and inches aren't budging too much for me, and that is definitely a downer. But on the plus side, I've gotten up every morning and done this for 19 days! I feel stronger, clothes are fitting better, and I've got more energy in general. I was hopeful this 30 day stretch would be a gateway into motivation for regular exercise, and I've definitely met that goal. I'm already planning the next push: either Ripped in 30 or 90 day revolution! (<-- leaning toward the 90 day revolution at this point so I can end on my birthday!!)

I feel new muscles, especially in my arms and chest. I know this is working. I'm hopeful that I'm just replacing my fat with muscle and if I keep at it, and keep improving, things will balance out (scale pun, intended!).

I'm going to do some more tweaking on the nutrition side of things and see if that helps. I've been experimenting with the TDEE - 20% approach for the last month, and haven't gained (which is good!) But I think I've either been underestimating and eating a bit too much, or the estimated TDEE for me is a little too high. I'm also going to aim to get in a bit more cardio a few times a week.

I'm trying to stay away from eating too low during the losing phase and then not being able to successfully maintain my loss this time around.

We're awesome ladies, no matter what the scale says! :smile:
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I measured yesterday and ALL of my measurements are up - my hips a full inch. I'm ticked off about it, but have decided to push through the entire Shred. I'm going to reevaluate my diet and try to reduce carbs and increase protein and see if that helps. If not, I guess I'll have to figure out how the heck to lose the inches I've gained. >:-/