need help

Options
hello
I will start my eating clean April1. reason need to do little bit more research .I would like to know if I can have like one cheat day and plus on eating clean can I eat fiber one bar are snacks.
:blushing:

Replies

• kshay89
    kshay89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you are really committed to going clean, you would be best to not give yourself an entire cheat day. That makes it harder to break the habit of eating unhealthy, unclean foods. One treat a week would be a better option. Just make sure you don't have any unclean foods stocked in your pantry, as that's just temptation.

As far as fiber one bars, they're not clean. They're loaded with chemicals and the sugar in them outweighs the benefits of the fiber. You'd be better off making your own granola bars and adding some ground flaxseed for fiber. Just make sure all of the ingredients you add are clean.
  • NoStoppingNow77
    NoStoppingNow77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think that also, when you start eating clean you won't really want to stray from it. However, eating out is really hard with friends/family...I always struggle with this. If you like Fiber One bars you should try Cascadian Farms granola bars. They still have a lot of sugar though I think but don't have all the fillers.
  • fit2bereal
    Options
    thank you so much thats was very helpful :flowerforyou:
  • fit2bereal
    Options
    thank you for replacment of fiber one bars
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with the Cascadia Farm granola bars option. My favorite is the peanut butter...they are super delicious. I save them for treats or emergency meals when I'm stuck without access to healthy food. (I keep one of those or a Luna bar in my purse all the times).

I also agree that eventually you will not even WANT to eat the non-clean stuff. It won't taste good (you will be able to taste the chemicals and additives eventually) and they will probably upset your stomach.

Don't stress over going 100% overnight, though. A gradual transition is easier and will allow you to try out various brands and foods to determine which ones you like and don't like. I struggled through quite a few things I didn't like in the beginning and learned which brands taste best and are the best value. I definitely went through a LOT of cereals before I found the 3-4 that I buy consistently, now.