Starting Today 3/18 Anybody else?

Options
jazzminx
jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
So, technically I started JMBR a few weeks ago, but I never made it fully into week 2. I really want to stick with this program and finish it, but I have trouble with motivation. Maybe if I had a buddy or two. I noticed there were a few ladies who are on the same levels that seem to be close and help each other out and stuff. Anybody else starting around the same time that would like to do this together, check in with each other and discuss it and such.

Replies

• LittleMissFit24
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm starting tonight or tomorrow depending on what time I get home tonight. I'm also training for a half marathon so I probably won't do all of the cardio videos but I'd love to have a buddy to help each other out over the next three months!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started it yesterday! I'm super pumped about it right now so I'm not too concerned with sticking to it, but I know at some point, I'll get bored and lose steam. It would be nice to have someone doing is along side me! Anyone who's recently started can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • badsamantha
    badsamantha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started today! Part of me (The part that was in much better shape two years ago) watches it and thinks "This is too easy" while in real life I'm a hot sweaty mess by the end...

But it's really great to have other people to check in with! I'm going to add each of you :D
  • mittens6395
    Options
    I'm starting hopefully Thurs when it arrives. So excited!
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing phase one this weekend but I think its great to have people at all stages of JMBR to talk to... gives you hope when you see others succeeding at later levels when you think week 2 or 3 will kill you...

feel free to add me!
  • justkj
    justkj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks back but after some set backs I'm going to start again. Off to change into work out gear now!
    This time I will do it. It might take me more than 90 days (we move cities in 5 weeks) but I'm going to do it!
    Would love more JMBR friends, please add me.
  • rlknuth
    rlknuth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday. :)
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My package should arrive on Thursday. Going to finish this week out with JM's Fast Fix Kickboxing and start on Sunday. I have heard the cardio videos get boring...are any of you mixing in with other cardio instead?

Someone had mentioned they are training for a run. (Great job!)
  • LittleMissFit24
    Options
    I started yesterday and even though I've done almost of all of JM's videos and I've been lifting heavy for a while after a two week break for vacation I am sore today! I'm training for a half marathon at the end of May so I don't think I will be doing the cardio videos... I might try them out but right now I need to run 3-4 days a week so I think that might be enough cardio for me! :smile:
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started last week. I did the entire cleansing diet and workouts exactly like I was supposed to and lost 6lbs for the week! I feel sore, tired, and AMAZING! I am on week two right now. I am super motivated so if you want to be friends we can motivate each other. I orderd Insanity first and when I nearly died (just kidding), I ordered BR and am loving it! I plan on saving my Insanity videos and doing them this summer after BR!
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    OL. I thought that too! This looks too easy...but I agree, hot, sweaty and tired at the end!
  • joeyslamon
    Options
    So, technically I started JMBR a few weeks ago, but I never made it fully into week 2. I really want to stick with this program and finish it, but I have trouble with motivation. Maybe if I had a buddy or two. I noticed there were a few ladies who are on the same levels that seem to be close and help each other out and stuff. Anybody else starting around the same time that would like to do this together, check in with each other and discuss it and such.

I'm in the same boat. Started a few times, never finished the second week. I'm in! Friend me and let's keep each other in check!
  • clare4b
    clare4b Posts: 9
    Options
    So, technically I started JMBR a few weeks ago, but I never made it fully into week 2. I really want to stick with this program and finish it, but I have trouble with motivation. Maybe if I had a buddy or two.

Hey! I started on the 18th too! I am in the exact same boat, I tried to do it but just failed completely but got a little in shape. So now that I have started again I am doing it properly (probably cause I am a little bit in shape now).
  • tiffbou2
    tiffbou2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started last week. I did the entire cleansing diet and workouts exactly like I was supposed to and lost 6lbs for the week! I feel sore, tired, and AMAZING! I am on week two right now. I am super motivated so if you want to be friends we can motivate each other. I orderd Insanity first and when I nearly died (just kidding), I ordered BR and am loving it! I plan on saving my Insanity videos and doing them this summer after BR!

I'm the same - this is week two for me. I did the kickstart week and diet plan too and it was HARD but I lost 5 lbs the first week and I FINALLY saw the 130s for the first time since I was pregnant - almost 8 years ago! Definitely great motivation. I feel really good this week. I thought the workout 1 was fairly easy the first time I did it, but after 12 workouts in six days...yeah, I was singing a different tune! :)
  • mittens6395
    Options

That's amazing! After reading this I am going to make sure I follow the program exactly. Thanks for the update
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see so many people! We got this, right!!!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I too started this week. But, I was too scared to do the kick start phase because the reason I am at the weight I am is due to starving myself and bingeing later. I thought doing a week of the kickstart would send me right back to those days. I knew I could probably do the week of kickstart but to continue eating just 1200 calories every week? No, I love my food too much. I hope I do lose weight though. Has anyone managed to do these workouts and lose weight without doing the diet?
  • julesfit2013
    Options
    I started on the 18th. :) I'm not doing the kick start week or following the diet but I'm following the workout schedule and keeping myself at 1500 calories.

I gotta say I'm EXHAUSTED! I have hardly any energy.. anyone else feel this?
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I started on the 18th. :) I'm not doing the kick start week or following the diet but I'm following the workout schedule and keeping myself at 1500 calories.

I gotta say I'm EXHAUSTED! I have hardly any energy.. anyone else feel this?

I'm a little tired today, but I think that's because I got to bed later than I normally do last night and not because of the workouts. My muscles are sore and I did have a harder time doing some of the moves today because of that, but my energy is still pretty high. So, in essence, I'm tired but I have a lot of energy. Not sure how well that's going to play out at the end of the day! haha
  • yankee_grl
    Options
    I am going to start as soon as Jillian arrives. She is on her way!!! I am very excited about trying this program.